CEI is a nationally recognized and rapidly expanding full service IT organization. We specialize in providing consulting, cutting edge technology, project services and outsourcing to clients both nationally and internationally, including over 60% of the Fortune 50. We have been named three times consecutively to both the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest growing private companies and the Smart 100 list of America’s fastest growing private companies as well as America’s most innovative IT service providers. We are a four-time Pittsburgh Technology Council Technology 50 honoree. CEI prides itself on staying ahead of the technology innovation curve as endorsed by Forrester Research and is an active partner to some of the market’s best technologies including Microsoft, Java, and Open Source. CEI is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA with offices in Philadelphia, PA, Denver CO, Washington D.C., Orlando, FL, and Virginia Beach VA.
CEI currently has an immediate opening for a Payroll Specialist out of our Pittsburgh office. We are specifically seeking an effective accounting professional with the proven track record to be a part of a growing financial team. This person will be responsible for preparation and disbursement of the bi-weekly payroll in a multi-state environment using Paychex platform. This person will also administer the company sponsored 401(k) plan as well as other duties within the function.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Human Resources and Accounting on all payroll related issues.
- Ensure bi-weekly payrolls and monthly commission payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Calculate commissions, bonuses, track & maintain commission draws & bonuses.
- Reviews computed wages and corrects errors to ensure the accuracy of earnings. Ensure that all changes to payroll are processed correctly.
- Work closely with Benefits Manager to ensure accurate benefit deductions and record keeping.
- Maintain accurate payroll records and employee files.
- Administer the 401(k) plan by assisting with employee questions and concerns and ensuring accurate and timely contributions are made to the 401(k) administrator
- 401(k) annual financial reporting, audit coordination, and compilation of data for 401(k) testing
- Prepare various payroll and management reports, journal entries, workers compensation, and reconcile quarterly payroll taxes.
- Performs quarter-end and year-end audits/reconciliations
- Ability to meet all deadlines and handle/prioritize multiple tasks
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters.
- Preparation and assistance with annual budgets, audits and/or census requests
- Document and maintain administrative and payroll procedures
- Performs other duties and special projects as requested by management.
- Ability to work with non-routine payroll matters including new hires, terminations, rate changes, etc. Entering of payroll data into the payroll system.
- Time sheet collection
- Knowledge of federal, state and local payroll taxes
- Knowledge & payroll treatment of various withholdings.
- Ability to work with multi-state, federal, local jurisdictions & other reporting agencies regarding payroll tax issues including correspondence.
- Processes severance checks as required.
- Manage employee payroll Paychex interface.
- Troubleshoot Paychex.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- 3+ years of payroll processing experience
- 3+ years of multi-state payroll.
- Paychex Payroll Proficiency.
- MS Office Proficiency.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills.
- Must be able to perform calculations and have a thorough knowledge of payroll processing, policies, and procedures.
- Must be willing and able to do manual calculations.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong language skills, which must include the ability to read, write, speak English effectively and follow oral and written instructions consistent with policies and procedure, SOPs or other requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Payroll: 5 years (Preferred)