We are seeking skilled CNC machine operators in our cutting department, one with supervisory experience.
Crye Precision has been designing and manufacturing apparel and equipment for America's fighting forces as well as domestic and international law enforcement groups for over 18 years. We work hard to provide smart, high-performance, long-wearing gear for people who demand the best. We design, engineer, and manufacture all of our products here in the USA and have assembled a great team of over 200 dedicated individuals at our headquarters in the historic Brooklyn Navy Yard to fulfill that mission.
We’re expanding and as our business grows and our product range broadens, we’ve found it necessary to make significant investments in our organization. Notably, we’re completing our new 85,000 sq ft landmark facility which is designed from the ground up to facilitate innovation. Similarly, we’re investing in our employees and are looking for people who are personally supportive of our customers and equally driven to deliver exceptional products for our market.
The Production Cutter is responsible for:
- Safely operating and maintaining a variety of production CNC cutting systems, including but not limited to: Single-Ply Fabric Cutter, Multi-Ply Fabric Cutter, Automated Fabric Spreader, Laser Cutters, Waterjet Cutter.
- Translating production documentation and work orders into daily cutting plans.
- Selecting and inspecting materials for suitability in production.
- Optimizing material usage and cutting speed while achieving the required quality standards.
- Troubleshooting process and machinery issues and implementing corrective action as needed.
- Loading heavy rolls of fabric and other materials onto the machinery.
- Recording and reporting cutting data.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area.
The Cutting Supervisor is responsible for all the duties of the Production Cutter, in addition to:
- Supervising a team of cutting personnel.
- Prioritizing and assigning the workload among the team.
- Ensuring that the cutting room is appropriately staffed to meet growing production demands.
- Training new cutting personnel.
- At least 3 years applicable experience in a precision manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical problem solving and multi-tasking abilities.
- Proficiency with PC based software and CNC interfaces.
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting complex electromechanical equipment.
- Visual acuity sufficient to detect defects and shade imperfections in production material.
- Ability to safely lift 100+ lbs on a regular basis.
- Experience with textiles is preferred.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
This Company Describes Its Culture as: