Alliance Resource Group is committed to delivering talented, qualified individuals for our clients’ specific needs. We have project and temporary professionals from interim CFOs to senior accountants – any financial services need. We are actively seeking an interim Assistant Controller for a client in the Anaheim area. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large manufacturing company on a contract to hire basis!
Working under the direction of the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller will manage, review and oversee the daily accounting operations, including general ledger reconciliation, accounts receivable, accounts payable and other accounting activities. Additionally, the Assistant Controller assists in preparing financial statements, identifying and preventing discrepancies, and helping to improve accounting control systems.
The Assistant Controller's typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direct the day-to-day accounting operations, including general ledger responsibilities, accounts receivable, accounts payable and other accounting activities.
- Supervises Accounting staff as determined by the Controller.
- Oversees, monitors and works to improve accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Runs the monthly/quarterly close process, ensuring all results are posted and fully analyzed on time and reported to executive management per defined timelines.
- Handles personally or supervises general ledger reconciliations.
- Audits work flow to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed accurately and in compliance with best practices.
- Supports the preparation of financial statements.
- Recommends and develops reports or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and management dashboards that provide management insight into accounting operations.
- Prepares financial analysis on KPIs for use in quarterly and annual management meetings.
- Handles special projects as requested by management.
- Assists auditors with access to confidential financial information, and provides general support as needed for all accounting/finance audits.
- Interacts and coordinates with colleagues in Collections, Payroll, Operations, and other departments functions as needed to perform assigned responsibilities
- Manages accounting issues and communicates upward effectively and timely.
- Assists Controller with a variety of other related tasks as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent major and CPA certification (required).
- Certified Financial Manager (CFM) and/or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation is a plus
- Tax experience required. Business, Property, Income and/or Sales
- Minimum of 5 years of dynamic accounting management experience in a high-growth, multi-state companies that have reached at least $100m in annual revenue
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in a leadership/management position within an accounting organization, with validated ability to deal with executive management
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Advanced Excel skills required) and financial ERP/general ledger systems (Timberline/SAGE preferred)
- Information Systems integration and implementation experience preferred (Concur, Tableau preferred)
This is a contract to hire opportunity, so apply today! Don't miss out on working with a large, reputable company right here in Anaheim!
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $50.00 to $65.00 /hour
- Relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: