FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME SHIFTS AVAILABLE!
- Multiple Shifts - Flexible Hours -
The Assistant Teacher is responsible for creating an atmosphere that is positive for learning and that stimulates critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making with children, in accordance with Lightbridge Academy Mission, Vision and Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in delivering quality classroom experiences by ensuring a safe and nurturing learning environment that encourages social, emotional, physical and intellectual development.
- Assist in implementing appropriate lessons plans in accordance with the Seedlings curriculum, and striving to continually meet the highest standards of excellence in quality childcare and education.
- Encourage a partnering relationship with parents to work as a team for the benefit of the child; inform parents of any information relating to their children, behavior, and development as needed.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to parents by going above and beyond, including assisting parents during arrival and departure and addressing any other questions and concerns promptly and effectively.
- Assist the Lead Teacher in observing and assessing students for creating and maintaining individual profiles, portfolios and parent conferences, and adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Maintain interaction with children at all times during small and whole group interactive learning.
- Implement a philosophy of positive reinforcement and redirection of children’s behavior, in accordance with Lightbridge Academy’s Discipline Policy.
- Supervise children during daily outdoor recess.
- Ensure proper staff/child ratio as set by the state licensing entity.
- Participate in weekly mini-meetings in conjunction with Lead Teachers, and other meetings as needed.
- Participate in required trainings and meetings, and travel to off-site trainings as needed.
- Participate in marketing events and tours as needed; assist with the sales process by engaging parents during the classroom tour and following-up post-tour.
- Maintain the standards per the Association of Early Learning Leaders and the company’s operation and education audit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School Diploma
- Two (2) years childcare experience preferred, but not required.
- Maintain continuing education requirements per company and state requirements.
- Commitment to the Profession – Demonstrates a commitment to early child education and effectiveness in enabling children to achieve high levels of developmental and academic growth.
- Initiative – Ability to proactively spearhead and coordinate the execution of responsibilities in order to achieve desired outcome, and identifies and develops new ideas and challenges for business improvement.
- Communication – Ability to read, write, and communicate using proper English grammar, communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Teamwork – Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; act as a team leader by demonstrating interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
- Adaptability – Responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
- Customer Service – Demonstrates strong commitment to identifying and meeting customers’ needs in a timely and appropriate manner, and continually seeks to ensure their full satisfaction.
- Motivation – Willingness to take self-directed or self-motivated actions to do more than is expected in the job with the aim of improving job performance and finding or creating new opportunities.
- Leadership – Ability to set a vision, inspire collaboration among staff members, and coach and build teams to achieve mutual goals.
- Integrity – Instills mutual trust and confidence, creates a culture that fosters high standards of ethics, behaves in a fair and ethical manner toward others, and demonstrates a sense of corporate responsibility and commitment to the population served.
- Decision-Making & Judgment – Able to react quickly with sound judgment and problem solving skills in complex and critical situations such as injuries and accidents.
- Self-Development –Responds positively to feedback regarding performance, continually strives to develop professionally, and takes advantage of opportunities to grow.
- Technical –Proficiency with use of technology such as tablets, smart devices, and Microsoft Word.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and perform manual tasks. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employees are expected to interact with others, and successfully concentrate and think in this role. The typical work environment for this position is a classroom, but requires the ability to perform duties outdoors during daily recess, except in cases of extreme weather conditions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Childcare: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location