ifm electronic is a global company with over 6,000 employees in 70 countries. Our core business is to develop and produce sensors and controls for industrial automation and process applications. ifm efector, inc., a subsidiary of ifm electronic, is headquartered in Malvern, PA.
"Exceptional success can only be achieved when the employees believe in the company and when they know that they are treated in a fair and honest way." -ifm philosophy
We have a fast paced and collaborative work environment. ifm believes in openness to ideas and a culture where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions rather than title or tenure.
- Responsible for end user support, both locally and remotely, for a wide range of complex software, hardware, network and infrastructure technology. Act as the central point of contact within the IT department providing assistance to end-users.
- Provide level 1, 2 and 3 support via phone, remote or desk-side as needed.
- Record requests and incidents and track issues through to completion.
- Configuration and support of the company desktop/laptop systems. Image, deploy and support desktop hardware and software.
- Configure and support user accounts and access permissions in various systems including Microsoft Active Directory.
- Participate and have responsibility for various Information Technology projects in support of the company requirements.
- Research and recommend innovative systems and process improvements to further improve the performance, availability and capabilities as it relates to IT and/or company needs.
- Develop and maintain documentation in support of systems and procedures
- Provide end user training for IT solutions and services when required. Provide one-on-one or group training via in-person or conference room settings.
- Contribute to and maintain company standards.
- Assist in developing standard processes, procedures and metrics to support the information technology services and solutions for the company.
- Regular work hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related) is preferred. Associate's Degree with relevant work experience considered.
- 2-4 years of experience in a Help Desk environment installing, upgrading, maintaining, and troubleshooting hardware, software and IT related solutions.
- Windows 10 & Microsoft Office 2013+ experience are required.
- Certifications including A+, MCP or MCSE are a plus.
- Experience with voice/data networks, virtualization and backup solutions are a plus.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels within and outside the company.
- An enthusiastic, positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Strong problem solving skills, detail-oriented mindset and the ability to multitask and demonstrate strong organization skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., valid driver's license and reliable transportation is required.
ifm efector, inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.