Position Summary: Visit Yolo, a Destination Marketing Organization, is seeking an administrative assistant to provide support to a small staff dedicated to marketing Yolo County communities as tourism destinations. Visit Yolo works to encourage visitation to the communities of Davis, Winters, Woodland and the unincorporated areas of Yolo County.
We are looking for a qualified administrative assistant to work 40 hours per week providing both customer service and administrative support to the Executive Director and staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, spreadsheets, and other documents, using Microsoft Office, database, or presentation software.
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records, departmental finances and housekeeping, to aid office staff.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties and take messages.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software, Microsoft Office, and Adobe
- Communicating with people inside and outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
- Prepare documentation for contracts, transactions, or regulatory compliance.
- Excellent customer service skills to communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Check financial figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Receive, record, and deposit accounts receivable
- Collect, input and maintain website event calendar
- Knowledge of Word Press websites and ability to update website pages.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting visitor data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires.
- Assist the PR & Communications Director with social media, e-newsletters and other promotional efforts.
- Strong communication skills.
- Prepare agendas, schedule, take and maintain notes for all board and committee meetings.
- Knowledge of Brown Act and California Public Records Act.
Job posting will close Friday, February 1, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $25.00 /hour