Smith & Nephew is a diversified advanced medical technology business that supports healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries to improve the quality of life for their patients. We have leadership positions in Orthopedic Reconstruction, Advanced Wound Management, Sports Medicine and Trauma:
Orthopedics Reconstruction - joint replacement systems for knees, hips and shoulders
Advanced Wound Management - wound care treatment and prevention products used to treat hard-to-heal wounds
Sports Medicine - minimally invasive surgery of the joint
Trauma & Extremities - products that help repair broken bones
We have over 15,000 employees around the world. Annual sales in 2015 were more than $4.6 billion.
We are a constituent of the UK's FTSE100.
Accepts and places orders from customers placed via fax, email. Processes and expedites customer orders within an on-line system. Follow up with customers and sales personnel regarding resolution for any pricing variances, Unit of Measure issues & customer billing discrepancies along with compiling sales data as needed. Contribute and show willingness to participate in projects and tasks as required to assure the functional group exceeds customer’s expectations at all times. This includes assisting in the staffing of the department during the evenings and holidays. Requires ability to process an extremely high volume of fax orders and occasional phone contact with the customers and sales force, as well as interaction with internal manufacturing, Marketing, Distribution and Credit teams.
Enter faxed orders and send order confirmation to customers. Able to process volumes required on a daily basis determined by business need.
Answer incoming customer and field calls regarding order status, pricing, tracking and product availability. Simultaneously enter orders based on published programs and discount guidelines while portraying a professional, friendly, mature and teamspirited behavior at all times towards customers, sales representatives, and employees within the entire organization.
Provide follow up research, problem solving, callbacks and authorization documentation related to orders and service. This includes contacting the appropriate departments and people to ensure the smooth processing and shipment of orders.
Research and resolve billing discrepancies and requests for credit and rebilling including requests for freight credit.
High School Diploma or equivalent:
2 years college preferred, but not mandatory
2-3 years experience in customer service related environment
- Proven experience showing strong interpersonal and customer service skills in order to work with the sales force, customers, and other business areas to resolve customer and field requests.
- Ability to handle complex situations and see the details through to completion.
- Ability to multitask responsibilities to ensure that projects, reports and customer and field requests are handled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of SAP and other applications related to order entry
- Must possess excellent communication (written & verbal) and computer skills
- Must have excellent administrative, organizational and time management skills
- Have a strong ability to work under pressure and to meet or exceed deadlines
- Must have a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience working independently and as a team
- Must be proactive and willing to learn additional tasks and responsibility
- Flexibility to work extra hours when needed.
SAP experience helpful but not required
Smith and Nephew is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.