All applicants are required to submit an application. You may visit our website at www.braysisland.org to download an application. A complete application may be sent via fax: 843-846-5510, via mail: P.O. box 30 Sheldon, SC 29941, or drop it off at our Security Gate.
FUNCTION: Serves as cook for Brays Island Plantation Restaurant. Responsibilities include the preparation of food in accordance with established recipes and industry standards at the restaurant. Ensures that all programs and services are conducted and fulfilled in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of Brays Island Plantation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares all required food items, serving with established portion and presentation standards. Requisitions items needed.
- Sets up service units with required items. Notifies supervisor of anticipated shortages.
- Ensures that assigned work areas and equipment are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition at all times.
- Assist the manager in maintaining control and security of kitchen inventories and supplies.
- Sets up, maintains, and breaks down preparation stations.
- Adheres to state and local health and safety regulations. Maintains the highest sanitary condition at all times.
- Properly covers, dates, cross training, work all stations, label and initial and date, expedite and neatly stores all leftover products that are reusable.
- Review function sheets daily and check in with Sous Chef or Executive Chef to confirm what is needed.
- Wash all dishes in dishwashing machine or by hand.
- Other assigned duties as specified by supervisor.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Able to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing, with corrective lenses if needed.
- Must be able to speak English in a clear and understandable voice so that various types of communications may be conducted with people of various levels of education and capabilities.
- Position involves kneeling, stooping, bending, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 60lbs. This can occur throughout the day.
- This position will alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting.
- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert, detail oriented, and with good reasoning skills.
- Must be able to adapt to the climate with marked changes in temperature from the heat in the kitchen area to the cold of refrigerated areas.
- Must be able to transport oneself throughout the plantation including but not limited to the golf course, restaurant, and other community areas. Must have valid state driver’s license.
- Must be mentally alert and detail oriented with good reasoning and supervisory skills.
- Must keep neat and clean appearance, nail cut, clean uniform, etc.
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances.
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment, which may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the proper performance of duties.
- Must be able to work in a well-lighted, temperature-controlled area sufficient in size to allow freedom of movement to accomplish tasks. May also be exposed to the outdoor elements in an uncontrolled temperature with varied lighting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in restaurant kitchen.
- Practical knowledge of preparing and cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner items.
- Ability to produce food quantities for high volume banquets a plus.
- Creative skills in food presentation a plus.
- Working knowledge of all commercial restaurant kitchen equipment to include, but not be limited to grill, convection oven, meat slicers, and kitchen tools.
- High school graduate or equivalent of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)