North America General Manager
The General Manager has broad, overall responsibility for the United States western geography within the North American business unit. This role is responsible for strategy, structure, budgets, people and financial outcomes. In this role, the general manager maintains a close, trusting relationship with those under their charge and with their North American leadership peers to facilitate open communication, best practice, strategy, competitive intelligence and broad teamwork. This role manages and directs staff management in sales and the role is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of direct reports and for carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
You will have deep and diverse sales and industry experience and be well informed about the market in which you work with ability to accurately forecast sales projections and shifts in the marketplace. You will also display strong interpersonal skills as team development/coaching and the ability to identify and acquire the best possible talent for open roles.
- Develop influential and impactful key customer working relationships in the top corporations driving sales within the geography.
- Lead regional sales managers spanning a wide geographical area; motivate teams while holding them accountable for results
- Identify critical resourcing needs to maintain business stability, sales campaign strategies and growth objectives. Ability to utilize, navigate, interpret and drive disciplined utilization of a CRM system.
- Identify valuable emerging market opportunities and develop sales strategies and initiatives around those
- Accurately forecast future sales and develop sales plans able to adapt to constant shifts in the marketplace
- Serve as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and customer events critical to growth within the geography and within North America.
- Maximize geography sales and profitability while modeling strong compliance and environmental, health and safety standards.
- Foresee and avoiding stagnation in the marketplace
- Integrate and lead functional support required for successful geography business performance, including but not limited to commercial operations, finance, human resources, technical support, IT, sourcing and supply chain
- Form sales strategies to keep your team and NAM competitive and innovative
- BS, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry or other technical science; MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the water treatment field specifically in relation to specialty chemicals
- Minimum of 4 years of direct, large team leadership experience
- Minimum of 5 years of successful direct BTB sales experience
- Demonstrated direct team leadership experience
- Indirect leadership experience is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated direct leadership and supervisory skills to include full scope of performance management
- Demonstrated ability to develop influential and impactful customer relationships
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and formulate business/sales strategy
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Comfortable with financial spreadsheet navigation
- Comfortable with CRM utilization
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching capability
- Demonstrated knowledge of product and application
Annuel 140 000,00 - 225 000,00 USD
Is relocation for this position offered:
Number of Job Openings:
Join the Resource Revolution! SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!
SUEZ’s Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. SWTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.