Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking Certified Nurse Assistants / Nursing Care Assistant (CNA/NCA) to provide services in a skilled nursing setting for our client.
Maxim Employee Benefits Include:
- Health Benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401K Savings Plan
- Perkspot Employee Discount Program
- Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program Specialists and Counselors available 24/7
- Maxim College Partnership Program
- Direct Deposit
- High School Diploma required
- Completion of Nurse Aide or Home Health Aide training program, graduate of accredited Nursing School, or current student in accredited Nursing school upon recent completion of fundamentals.
- BLS certification required
- Attends unit conferences, in-service programs and continuing education activities to meet the organization’s expectations.
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience preferred.
The Nursing Care Assistant (NCA) is responsible and accountable for a variety of clinical and supportive tasks and provides basic patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
The Nursing Care Assistant demonstrates excellent customer service performance in that his/her attitude and actions are at all tomes consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and Values of Covenant HealthCare and the commitment to Extraordinary Care for Every Generation.
- Contributes to organization success targets for net operating margin.
- Participates in cost containment efforts through efficient use of supplies, services, and time management.
- Adheres to unit/department budgetary practices.
- Supports the organizations patient flow efforts through compliance to unit and Patient Services policies.
- Remains flexible in cooperation with 24-hour staffing patterns and scheduling needs for provision of care in all inpatient units.
- Communicates with patients and families in a professional, therapeutic, and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service.
- Has clinical and social contact with patients, including all age groups, and is able to appropriately assess, care for and treat them according to the guidelines as defined by Covenant HealthCare.
- Assists with simple procedures and follows standard precautions.
- Performs vital signs, measures height, weight, head circumference and other data as requested.
- Assists with feeding, collects urine and stool specimens, measures Foley and NG and wound drainage output.
- Bathes patients, changes occupied and unoccupied beds, performs dressing and gowning and skin care.
- Performs safety checks to include restraints, falls, and suicide precautions.
- Ambulates, transports and positions patients with proper body mechanics, applying or utilizing special equipment as necessary.
- Provides diversion activities, comforts and supports patients and their family members.
- Assists the patient and family in learning appropriate self-care techniques within the scope of the Nursing Care Assistant.
- Documents all patient care observations and interventions in the electronic record accurately, clearly, in a timely manner following all established policies.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care and unit function, and maintains patient rights and confidentiality and actively supports risk management activities.
- Actively participates in quality management.
- Participates in patient care and unit activities to achieve compliance with all regulatory, patient safety, infection control, and safety requirements.
- Updates and maintains knowledge, skills and competencies related to area of practice and ages of patient population
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer competency, including Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with the public and able to be tactful in often hectic and stressful situations.
- Successful completion of the Nursing Care Assistant Simulation Lab
- Sound judgment in handling confidential or sensitive issues and material.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHSYICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to maintain punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Constant standing and walking
- Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, twisting, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, near vision, midrange vision, far vision, depth perception, visual accommodation, color vision, and field of vision
- Occasional lifting up to 100 lbs. or more
- Occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and squatting
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT.
It has been determined that Care cannot provide a latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities. Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be an essential function for any position for this client.
To apply directly and receive a quick response:
Please feel free to reach out at your earliest convenience if you’re interested in getting more information about this or any other opportunity you’re currently looking for. You can reach me via email or phone. My direct line is 410-910-9072 and I’m typically available from 9am-5pm Eastern Standard Time.
Maxim Government Services (MGS), a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc., is a leading provider of physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, and specialty care personnel to Federal, State and Local Government clients nationwide. Operating under Federal Supply Schedule #V797D-30238, MGS delivers healthcare staffing services to the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers and other Federal Medical Treatment Facilities (MTFs). We have gained the trust of our clients and established recognition by placing emphasis on recruiting experienced professionals and offering a comprehensive level of customer service.