The primary purpose of this position is to direct the project engineering function within the Division as well as manage the shop responsibilities. In addition, the position will provide cost effective engineering support to the company sales efforts, including system design, developing sales quotes and performing sales activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree (BS) plus 7-10 years of experience. Mechanical Engineer preferred
- Background in food and/or fluid processing
- Experience in dairy, food or bio-pharm is preferred
- Ability to travel to customer facilities, appox 35% travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- AutoCAD skills are required to develop P&ID and piping layout and engineering drawings
- Experience in the area of sanitary processes is a plus
- Must be a good fit culturally for a family owned enterprise
- Oversee, manage and direct all the activities and personnel in the Project Engineering and Shop departments.
- Work with the General Manager and Corporate VP of Engineering on special projects.
- Responsible for staff development, including performance reviews and career planning.
- Work with sales personnel and/or directly with customers in the design and pricing of a system. (Meet with the customer as needed to determine exact needs; develop recommendations and prepare drawings according to accepted engineering principles.)
- Operate CAD system to facilitate engineering drawings. Provide training and direction to other personnel in the use of the CAD system and personal computer.
- Develop project costing and work up project quotes. Present the project quotations to the customer and promote the sale of the project.
- Provide technical support for inside and outside sales personnel, other associates and customers.
- Coordinate the availability of personnel, materials and equipment for scheduled projects. Coordinate materials purchases with the material account personnel. Coordinate the assignment of installation personnel.
- Oversee major installations through regular site visits. Insure that the project is completed according to the customer’s satisfaction and that all specifications as presented have been fulfilled.
- Stay abreast of new technology in industry equipment and their applications and meet with
vendors to review available products and technology.
- Select material suppliers that can best meet the requirements of each particular application at
the most reasonable cost.
- Visit and assist customers during equipment breakdowns to provide technical support and
- Coordinate safety training and promote safe work practices on job sites and in the shop.
- Assure all engineering and shop personnel adhere to M. G. Newell's policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Founded in 1885, M.G. Newell Corporation has a long-standing reputation in the marketplace for providing sanitary processing solutions from start to finish. This position has a base salary, along with an excellent benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M.G. Newell Corporation has been in business for over a century providing sanitary process components and integrated process systems to the food, dairy, citrus, beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care industries. With divisions in Greensboro, North Carolina; Louisville, Kentucky, and Nashville, Tennessee, our services extend to the Mid-West, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeastern United States. Learn more at www.mgnewell.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Engineer: 7 years (Preferred)