Recruitment Number VA1027
Posting Period 10/11/18 – 10/25/18
On Campus Only No
Working Title ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Administrative Support Coordinator I)
Class Title ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT COORDINATOR -10 MONTH
Salary Range (From $ to $) $2,372 - $4,165 per month (New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning of the salary range)
Department Admissions Office
Number of Positions 1
FLSA Code Non-Exempt
Status Regular: Permanent (after one-year probationary period)
Pay Plan 10/12 month (May/August off)
CBU/MOU R07 - CSUEU Clerical & Administrative Support Services
Quick Link http://jobs.csuchico.edu/postings/5103
Hours Per Day 8 hours during the school year / 10 hours during the summer
Days Per Week 5 days during the school year / 4 days during the summer
Working independently, under general supervision, the Admissions Coordinator will interface with prospective students (24,000+) and provide valuable administrative coordination and support to the Admissions Department. This position is responsible for processing student applications for admission, maintaining compliance related to admissions, maintaining student records, and determining admission status. The Admissions Coordinator assists in enhancing the prospective student’s experience and provides student-centered service by contributing to an atmosphere that is welcoming and helpful.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Incumbent must possess:
• Thorough knowledge of:
• Office systems, methods, standard procedures and practices.
• English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Fluency in using standard office equipment (computers, copiers, phones) and standard office software packages such as, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and ability to use a broad range of technology systems and software.
• Working knowledge of:
• Budget policies and procedures.
• Records retention practices and policies.
• Knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic.
Incumbent must possess:
• Active problem solving and effective interpersonal skills as work often involves frontline contact with a variety of campus and community individuals to perform services and support functions that require a professional demeanor at all times.
• Demonstrated competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas, and instructions.
• Demonstrated competence in effectively presenting standard information in writing.
• Typing and keyboarding skills.
Must have the ability to:
• Independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
• Effectively handle a broad range of diverse interpersonal contacts, including those at a high level and those sensitive in nature.
• Perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections.
• Draft, compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
• Use and quickly learn standard office equipment, a broad range of technology systems and standard computer software packages (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Clearly communicate orally and in writing.
• Learn, independently interpret, and apply a wide variety of complex policies and procedures, where specific guidelines may not exist.
• Understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures.
• Identify and solve standard problems where policy and procedures are referenced and refer more complex problems to appropriate staff.
• Apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems, participate in developing practical, thorough and, at times, creative solutions.
• Respond to routine inquiries and explain standard policies and procedures to others.
• Organize and direct workflow for the smooth and effective operation of the work unit.
• Compile and assemble reports, using judgment and discretion in selecting and analyzing information for inclusion, and effectively present the information.
• Troubleshoot technology problems using knowledge of error messages and of operating systems.
• Perform assigned duties.
Required Education and/or Experience
This position requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. These qualifications, and those listed above, would normally be obtained through completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with three years of related office work experience.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following as they may be considered specialized skills:
• Accounting and/or bookkeeping experience.
• Three or more years of experience providing customer service in a fast paced environment.
• Three or more years of experience auditing documents for accuracy and completeness.
• Two or more years working knowledge of data management software.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position. This considered a sensitive position. Current CSU, Chico employees are subject to a background check (including a criminal record check) if voluntarily moving into a sensitive position, regardless of any background checks previously conducted. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position alternates between remaining in a stationary position operating a personal computer for long periods of time and frequently moving about inside the office. Must be able to travel across campus to other offices and buildings for meetings and events.
Work is performed in a typical office environment operating standard office equipment. This position involves frequent to constant interaction with students, parents, guests, faculty and staff. This position requires the ability to work with constant interruptions, and be able to adjust to change (i.e. policies, programs, and technology), and maintain a service orientation in a fast-paced, busy, office environment.
This position qualifies for benefits including tuition fee waiver (if eligible).
CSU, Chico offers a number of benefits to its employees (e.g., sick leave, vacation, health insurance). Eligibility for standard CSU benefits is based on an appointment of half-time or more for a period exceeding six months. Employees appointed less than half-time or less than six months are not eligible for standard CSU benefits but do receive prorated sick leave and vacation.
Eligibility for Affordable Care Act (ACA) benefits is based on an appointment of at least three-quarter time, hired to work a minimum of 130 hours per month over the course of the appointment or works an average of 130 hours or more per month during the measurement period. The ACA guidelines provide for health coverage or FlexCash only. ACA does not provide dental or vision plan coverage.
About the University and Community
Detailed information is available at http://www.csuchico.edu/pa/chico-facts.shtml. As a university that educates students of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds, we value a diverse faculty and staff. CSU, Chico welcomes applicants who are knowledgeable about and interested in working within a cross-cultural learning environment. We also welcome those who share a passion and commitment to the University’s 6th Strategic Priority that focuses on sustainability, stewardship, and the environment – see http://www.csuchico.edu/sustainability/index.shtml.
California State University, Chico is committed to achieving excellence through diversity in the classroom and the workplace. It strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students, faculty, and staff.
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
Open Date (posting open date) 10/11/2018
Close Date (posting close date) 10/25/2018
Open Until Filled No