Are you a field surveyor looking for the next step in your career, or are you a crew chief looking for a new challenge? If so, we want to meet you! The Crossroads group is growing and has a current opening for a Survey Crew Chief in our Hamburg office. TCG’s Land Surveying department specializes in site construction stake-outs, boundary and topographic surveys, ALTA/ACSM surveys and Telecom (towers and small cell ROW) with a service range that extends throughout all of Pennsylvania.
· A Great Attitude
· Team Player
· A strong working knowledge of all aspects of land surveying (boundary, topographic surveys, and construction stakeout.)
· Associate’s Degree or higher in Survey & Geomatics, Survey Technology, or other related surveying program preferred, Surveyor-In-Training (SIT) is preferred and encouraged, HS diploma or GED required.
· 5+ years of continual and diverse surveying experience leading a survey field crew.
· Must be able perform tasks and solve problems with a high degree of independence.
· Applicant should have strong mathematical and analytical skills.
· Thorough understanding of survey equipment (robotic/total station/GPS) as well as capacity to adapt and learn new technologies and software.
· Flexibility in working individually and as chief of a multi-person crew.
· Proficiency in Civil 3D, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and Survey Pro software.
· Must be willing to travel and understand the industry standard for workload and schedule flexibility.
· Valid PA driver’s license and acceptable record.
Essential Job Functions
· Able to communicate in oral and written form.
· Able to walk and stand over 75% of the workday
· Able to carry equipment for field work, over 35 lbs.
· Able to drive, sometime 4 hours or more
· Overnight travel required, up to 3-4 days at a time
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and include HRA participation, corporate 401k participation, generous holiday and PTO.
Job Type: Full-time