We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Organizes and facilitates the Diversity & Inclusion Steering Group and then executes all identified priorities.
- Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
- Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
- Approves all paid time-off requests for direct reports.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team’s staff to assure mutual understanding of desired results; evaluates performance and achievement of expectations and desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Partners with external vendor (Korn Ferry) on the development of a Diversity & Inclusion roadmap / three year plan, as well as the training curriculum for company leaders.
- Partners with all internal teams for the execution of Diversity & Inclusion programs.
- Serves as a communication liaison between employees and upper management to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
- Consults with leadership on the development of their team’s strategy.
- Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
- Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
- Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
- Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes in their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
- Conducts surveys and focus groups aimed at better understanding what the company can do to generate conversations that promote tolerance, equality, and kindness towards others.
- Establishes a focus on intensified recruitment strategies that emphasize the importance of diverse hiring, as well as a Diversity & Inclusion sub-page on the company website.
- Identifies new community organizations, so the company can provide even a more philanthropic aid to at-risk, minority communities.
- Creates documentation that reflects any performance concerns or criticisms.
- Communicates and assures compliance with established company policies and procedures (including employee handbook).
- Analyzes working procedures with the objective to identify best practices.
- Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
- Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
- Authorizes payment of invoices within established guidelines.
- Authorizes necessary supply purchases and expenses for Diversity & Inclusion materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Business, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility in HR and retail operations.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Ability to recommend, interpret, and/or apply company policies and procedures.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
- Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
- Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
- Conflict management skills.
- Knowledge and expertise with Diversity & Inclusion in the marketplace, as demonstrated by understanding and execution of Diversity & Inclusion initiatives, trainings, and roadmaps.
- Understands business budgets in order to develop and monitor spending against the departmental budget.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
- Project management skills, for coordinating team involvement on projects and initiatives with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thinks critically and analytically.
- Maintains a motivating and positive attitude.
- Works cooperatively with peers and shares relevant information for fulfillment of duties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Supplier and vendor contact along with seminar and trade show participation.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
MANAGER DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
1100 E WARRENVILLE RD, NAPERVILLE, IL, USA, 60563