An exciting and challenging opportunity for a .NET Developer to contribute to the design and development of web applications based on Open Source technologies on a large IT project providing application development, operations and maintenance, COTS integration and business solutions in the Federal Government. The .NET Developer will work closely with government customers and other Web Developers working with Open Source products. Candidates should be proficient in Azure framework and PaaS/IaaS environments, Web APIs, Microservices and emerging web-based technologies.
General roles & responsibilities
- Design and develop applications for Azure framework utilizing ASP.NET and Web API Framework
- In depth knowledge on Microsoft core platform technologies based on windows server
- Develop secure application using .NET (Authentication/Authorization)
- Work with customers to translate business needs into software solutions.
- Assist the Project Manager in project planning, tasks and timeline determination for your deliverables.
- Learn and follow standard operating procedures, including following the change management process and ensure compliance with SDLC standards and other customer specified processes
- Stay abreast of current technology and seek out new tools that can be utilized appropriately
- Understand the importance of meeting deadlines.
- Must possess at least 10 years of professional IT consulting and software development experience.
- Must possess experience with Azure Platform of a Service products, such as App Services, Notification Hub, Event Hub, Functions, Microservices
- Experience developing object oriented solutions
- Experience of Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service platform a plus
- Must be able to research and work independently to triage, troubleshoot, and fix issues.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other team members and hit the ground running, with minimal guidance, towards a common goal
- Requires strong communication skills with other team members and clients
- Requires the proven ability to manage time while working on a variety of tasks
- Possess a willingness and attitude to help customers find workable solutions
- Agile development experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $140,000.00 /year
- professional IT consulting and software development: 10 years (Preferred)
- ASP.NET and Web API Framework: 8 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)