As a member of the Delta Risk Security Operations Center, a Cyber Security Analyst monitors and analyzes the output from various security monitoring and scanning tools to detect malicious or anomalous activity on behalf of Delta Risk clients. The Cyber Security Analyst recommends actions per established procedures for the detection, containment, and remediation of cyber security incidents. The analyst also supports the engineering, installation, configuration, and maintenance of the Delta Risk ActiveEye managed security infrastructure, as required. This position requires the ability to work the night shift schedule.
- Monitor, prioritize, correlate, analyze, and escalate security data from multiple sources including, but not limited to:
- SIEM or other security event aggregators
- Windows security events, particularly Active Directory/Domain Controllers
- Endpoint protection, response, and analysis tools
- Independently follow established procedures to investigate, escalate, contain, and/or eradicate malicious activity. (Primary duty)
- Develop and deliver written and oral reports to clients and teammates to aggregate and communicate security information and metrics. (Secondary duty)
- Support network mapping and vulnerability scanning as required (Secondary duty)
- Assist and advise Delta Risk team on capabilities, tuning, configuration and maintenance of security tools. (Secondary duty)
- Build and develop professional working relationships with fellow analysts (Primary duty)
- Assist and communicate to foster collaboration and support a team approach to operations
- Support process improvement
Successful candidates will have a combination of the following:
- 3-5 years of hands-on technical security experience
- Experience analyzing and investigating security alerts from various security tools
- Good communication skills and experience interacting with clients
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience managing or analyzing alerts from firewalls, IDS systems (including writing custom rules), and performing vulnerability scanning and results analysis.
- Fundamental information technology skills, including familiarity with:
- Network Architecture
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems
- Vulnerability scanning
- Linux and Windows system administration
- Incident management
- Experience with vulnerabilities as they relate to regulations such as ISO, PCI, and/or HIPAA
- Applicable certifications such as CISSP, GCIA, GSEC, GCIH, are beneficial but not required
- This position requires to work the night shift (3rd Shift) schedule/extended hours as needed.
- This position requires working from a home location with occasional office visits
- Up to 25% travel
Delta Risk LLC is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer who is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Delta Risk LLC does not make employment decisions based upon race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Delta Risk LLC is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Security Operations Center: 4 years (Required)