ADVANCED CARE UNIT
The Patient Care Technician is a multi-skilled individual able to perform technical and clinical tasks/procedures under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and delegated in accordance with the Ohio Board of Nursing. Identities abnormal findings based on established standards and guidelines and reports those findings to the Registered Nurse.
Minimum Level of Education Required:
High School completion / GED
- Type of degree: N/A
- Area of study or major: N/A
- Preferred educational qualifications: N/A
- Position specific testing requirement: N/A
- Current CPR certification required at the time of hire.
Minimum Level of Experience Required:
No prior job-related work experience
Prior job title or occupational experience:
Prior specific functional responsibilities:
Other experience requirements:
Successful completion of one of the following:
1. Nurse’s aide training course within the last twelve months.
2. Patient care experience within the last six months.
3. Currently enrolled in an accredited postsecondary school in a health care related field.
4. Six months experience within a Premier acute care setting.