Jacobs is seeking a Sr Technical Writer to support your team in Hanover, Maryland – remote/hybrid work is possible. This is a temporary assignment scheduled to last 9 months.
- Gather, analyze, and compose technical information in a fast-paced, highly collaborative cyber training environment
- Conduct research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology
- Translate technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel
- Support the development of all types of documents and reports by developing and updating written presentations to improve the quality and enhance the usability of these documents
- Communicate succinctly throughout a project timeline with project lead and other team members to ensure consensus about editorial changes and consistency within related documents.
- Provide experienced project and/or task-related document preparation, editing, and quality assurance
- Perform editing of Technical Reports and tool-related User Guides; document Standard Operating Procedures
- Consolidate technical inputs and analyses, and produce a logical, understandable IA-related document
Here’s What You’ll Need:
What You’ll Need:
- English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Style Guide Usage: Familiarity with standard publication style manuals used for consistency of language, such as the Associated Press Stylebook, MLA Handbook, the APA Publication Manual and/or Chicago Manual of Style
- Communications and Media: Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
- Education and Training: Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
- Reading Comprehension: Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents
- Writing: Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Ability to Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, and operational procedures
- Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur
- U.S. citizenship required
- Academic/training industry experience
- Familiarity with DOD terminology
The base salary range for this position is $75K to $110K. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.