Job Description :
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This job has the goal of providing the opportunity to acquire practical experience through direct exposure to the related business line(s) and to develop the next generation of diverse business professionals. To that end, the program will provide hands-on training and experience in the business line, expose the various career opportunities in the business line and related areas, and prepare participants for positions in the business.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Perform primary and secondary consumer, provider or other customer research to generate new insights in partnership with marketing.
Research and analyze the identified problems and barriers to health and support framing the hypotheses to inform solution development.
Assist with project management to solution development opportunities with internal & external partners (for example, partner with VITALs team).
Partner with internal employees/consultants to build/sustain the innovation center of excellence; this includes promoting human centered design thinking throughout the enterprise and educating and training associates.
Assist with internal/external innovation communication with marketing.
Identify/sense external partner opportunities and emerging trends
Other duties as assigned or requested.
Pursuance of a graduate degree full or part-time in an accredited college or university.
Major course work in Business Administration/Management or Marketing
Experience with Research, Innovation, Analysis, and Consulting
Ability to develop relationships and work well in a matrixed environment
Experience in effectively prioritizing and managing projects to completion
High standard of professional conduct
Microsoft office suite (word, excel, ppt)
Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while interacting directly with colleagues, clientele, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
2. Under supervision, provide professional services as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the area. Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
3. Undertake and/or participate in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
4. Participate in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
5. As specifically requested by management, conducts research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
6. Undertake related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
7. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.