Purpose of the job: During the Detailed Engineering, Procurement and Construction phase of the Project: The Project Engineer (“PE”) will be responsible for the follow up of detailed engineering, procurement and construction of the project in the assigned area of responsibility and assist the Project Manager in managing the home office of the engineering contractor as requested. The PE will review and approve as appropriate all detailed engineering deliverables and vendor information, review and approve all procurement activities, coordinate expediting of material and equipment delivery, follow up field support, coordinate with the host site, set up and participate in inspection activities and equipment testing, follow up project implementation progress and contingency run down, set up and coordinate all punch listing activities, and provide the necessary input to the job data books in the assigned area of responsibility.
Level of education & Experience in general
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, or Controls and Instrumentation Engineering; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years project engineering experience,
- Experience in working with engineering contractors,
- Maintenance supervision experience is a plus,
- Track record of safety leadership
- Proficient in either mechanical, structural, civil, or instrumentation and electrical engineering,
- Demonstrated technical capability to assess vendor quotes against project objectives,
- Demonstrated capabilities to assess work sequencing, optimize project planning and scheduling,
- Deep understanding of cost engineering, and cost control practices,
- Working experience with cost and scheduling tools is a plus,
- Critical thinking to evaluate competing priorities and take rational decisions,
- Capability to assess impact of specifications and standards for both rotating and fixed equipment on reliability and maintainability of production unit,
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent people management (leadership, delegation & particularly influencing skills),
- Strong communication skills (upward, lateral, and downward in INEOS organization),
- Self-motivated, self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision,
- Team builder and problem solver,
- Capable to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously, with ability to prioritize and identify and focus on critical issues.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $200,000.00 /year
- Engineering: 5 years (Required)