We're ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play a reality, and infuse them with innovation, hand-crafted detail, and creative passion. As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we're proud to share our passion for the online worlds we've created with over 11 million players worldwide.
At ArenaNet, we're serious about art. We've built an art-centric studio culture where the artist plays a vital role in game creation and presentation, and our art team is full of award-winning talent from all over the world. We created our art internship program to help develop young artists, providing them with the skills they need to be successful in the game industry. We're looking to cultivate artists who have the raw talent, but lack one thing: work experience.
It's our experience that artists learn more in the first few months of a game industry job than in their entire time at art school. We've created an immersive work-based educational program where intern artists work alongside professionals to develop real skills that are relevant and sought after in the game and entertainment industry. This isn't a standard studio internship, where you'll be expected to perform duties that take away from developing your creative skills. Expect to be challenged artistically and provided with opportunities to contribute to the success of the studio in a substantive way.
This internship is a 12-month role, working 40 hours per week.
- Small cohort. Work and learn with a tight-knit team of motivated artists and designers in a professional environment.
- Professional environment. Hone your skills on-site in the ArenaNet studios, working alongside top industry professionals in a dedicated work space.
- Meaningful work. You'll work on a variety of important assignments that contribute to the success of the company.
- Broad training. You'll receive training in a broad variety of skills rather than specializing on creating specific content. We want our interns to emerge from the program as stronger all-around artists, not as experts in creating eyeballs or helmets.
- Hourly stipend. You will receive a $15 per hour stipend.
- Regular work hours. This role works 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, during usual business hours for the duration of the year-long program.
- Pacific Northwest location. Enrollees are expected to relocate to the Bellevue, WA area at their own expense. Bellevue is in the beautiful greater Seattle area, which offers a wide range of cultural and natural activities.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Must have a strong passion for creature design
- Well-balanced repertoire of art skills
- Eager to learn and an eye for problem solving
- Able to work in a team and collaborate across disciplines
- Working knowledge of Maya and Zbrush
- Basic knowledge of animal and human anatomy
- Basic understanding of concept design
- Familiarity with substance painter is a plus
Depending on your portfolio we may request an art test.
This is not an internship-to-hire program. We're not guaranteeing jobs to any intern in the program, but you will emerge from the program with an arsenal of professional skills, an incredible portfolio, and an invaluable experience under your belt.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.