The Manager of Glamping.com (or alternative name) leads the business unit to effective execution of the overall mission and vision of Glamping.com being a discerning guide to experiential travel. An entrepreneurial minded, detail oriented, fast paced, and versatile leader tasked with leading the unit through three key areas:
Must solve organizational information problems by analyzing requirements, designing systems, improving processes, and implementing innovative solutions and systems. Ultimate need is great, state of the art systems to display and make easy to book great experiences.
Marketing to Experience Seekers
Must ensure adequate traffic and traffic quality via appropriate channels. Ultimate need is to drive appropriate traffic to site and underlying properties / experiences. Includes evaluation of SEM campaigns, ads, PR campaigns, managing site content, and more.
Marketing to Experience Providers
Must lead effort to have curated listings of experiential travel destinations. Additionally, must work to ensure that glamping.com is a business partner to providers by exposing them to large increases in revenue and exposure whilst also being extremely easy to partner with.
- Full P&L ownership of experiential travel (Glamping.com) business unit
- Develops and enhances mission and vision of business unit while ensuring that necessary concepts, practices, and procedures are developed and maintained.
- Maintains world class knowledge of and utilization of information systems including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Power platform (PowerBI, PowerApps, Flow), HTML, DJANGO, STRIPE, and others as necessary.
- Provide leadership with clear expectations, follow up, and performance management to employees.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing and maintaining personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Degree Required
- Preferred: Business Administration, Business Development, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Marketing, and/or MBA
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e. Visual Basic, Dynamics, PowerBI, Powerapps, etc..)
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and requests concurrently
- Ability to effectively deliver clear, concise communication
- Demonstrated effective interaction in a variety of formal/informal meeting/ presentation settings, including one-on-one, small and large groups.
- More than five years’ experience in the development and expansion of online businesses. Business development, internet marketing and general sales experience is a must.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in business management, planning, sales, internet marketing and financial oversight.
- Superior attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, strong sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work and proven ability to deliver in a deadline driven environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $60,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- management: 10 years (Required)