Seasonal Kitchen Stewards Dishwasher $22/HR Full Benefits (nob hill)
Pacific Union Club
compensation: Union Scale $22/hr This is a union position and is not overtime exempt.
Summary: Stewards/Dishwashers are responsible for maintaining kitchen work areas, restaurant equipment, dishware and utensils in a clean and orderly condition. The work is physically demanding and requires exposure to industrial kitchen equipment and chemicals. Proper communication and safety procedure are necessary in order to work effectively in a high-volume setting.
Duties and Responsibilities: Steward/Dishwasher
- Ensure cleanliness and sanitation of all dishes, utensils, pots/pans, glassware and all kitchen areas.
- Keep all areas clean, dry and safe for other workers.
- Assist with vegetable preparation as needed.
- Sort and remove trash, placing in appropriate recycling/compost/trash dumpsters.
- Clean all surfaces, work areas, line equipment, refrigerators and walk-ins
- Sweep and mop floors
- Properly wash pots, pans and industrial cooking equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have a flexible schedule to be able to work evenings/weekends/holidays.
- Ability to hear, understand and speak basic English.
- Manual dexterity to be able to use both hands to grasp and manipulate objects.
- Ability to see details at close range (can be corrective vision).
- Ability to stand and walk for 4 or more hours at a time.
- Must have ability to lift up to 50 lbs including but not limited to pots, pans, trays of food on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing over 100 lbs.
- Must be able to bend at the waist.
- Ability to ascend or descend step ladders, stairs and ramps.
- Basic chopping and peeling skills and experience working in a commercial kitchen a plus.Physical Requirements:
- Effective English communication skills are required. Other language proficiency is helpful.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time, and ability to move about.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Bending and being able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Finger dexterity to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s).
- Ability to work for extended periods of time with exposure to varying temperatures and environmental conditions such as heat, steam, and chilled air.
- Effective communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters and hear with normal range.
Duties will vary from week to week according to the needs of our operation. It is expressly understood that one is available for all shifts and days of the week unless the General Manager has agreed otherwise in writing. Frequent overtime is required. A station cook/steward/dishwasher reports directly to the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef. Grooming shall at all times be conservative, professional and appropriate to the club's decorum. Other appearance standards are covered in the Employee Handbook. Uniform: Pants, apron and work jacket will be provided daily by the Club. An individual is responsible for providing his or her own shoes. These must be practical and safe, and may be specified by management. Grooming shall at all times be conservative, professional and appropriate to the club's decorum. Other appearance standards are covered in the Employee Handbook.
Interested applicants should reply to this posting by including your current resume and contact information to the email address provided below. Please identify the position you are seeking on the subject line of your email. Interested persons may also apply in person between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Pacific-Union Club, 1000 California St, San Francisco. Applicants MUST enter the building through the employee entrance on Cushman Street between Sacramento and California Streets. DO NOT attempt to enter the front or rear doors of the building.
About the Employer: Founded in 1852, the Pacific-Union Club is one of the oldest and most exclusive clubs in the world. It is a non-profit, social organization founded for the social interaction of its members. The Club provides dining services, a library, complete athletic facilities, and overnight accommodations for use exclusively by its members and their personal guests. The Club is well known the world over for its attentive and gracious staff. The Pacific-Union Club will consider all qualified applicants in accordance with its Equal Employment Opportunity policies and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $22.00 per hour
Expected hours: 30 – 50 per week
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person