Under the supervision of the Regional Director, this position focuses on increasing enrollments and ensuring outstanding student services. For centers on military installations, this position serves as the on-site liaison between the University and Educational Services Officer (ESO) at the installation, ensuring that University operations meet all requirements as set forth in the Memorandum of Understanding between Upper Iowa University and the installation. Responsible for advising/assisting students with admissions, transfer credits, degree plans and providing appropriate enrollment management services to prospective and current students to ensure their successful degree completion.
Essential Duties Summary
- Ensure that University policies are followed by having a thorough knowledge of all staff functions, University administrative functions and policy manuals.
Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of a marketing plan to include advertising (meeting military and state restrictions as applicable), local promotion and follow-up of inquiries and applications.
- Manage student accounts using guidelines set by the University Business Office.
- Evaluate regularly and assure follow-up as required on accounts receivable reports to ensure that students do not re-enroll with an unacceptable balance due.
- Utilize allocated resources to accomplish University enrollment and quality goals.
- Serves as School Certifying Official throughout Upper Iowa University.
- Tracks VA payments of Chapter 33 and Vocational Rehabilitation
- Actively recruits new students for the Center, Online and Self-Paced Programs. Determines eligibility for admission and advises students regarding admission status.
- Immediately follows up on all leads with phone calls utilizing the University CRM, and follows up via email, phone call, or letter, with the mindset that all leads are good leads until the prospect specifically state s/he is no longer interested.
- Advises prospective transfer students, using appropriate articulation worksheets.
- Advises prospective students about financial aid availability, loan options, veterans and total military family benefits, company tuition reimbursement and other financial aid options.
- Recruits at college fairs, military fairs, trade shows and other appropriate venues, promoting Center and other university programs.
- Evaluates undergraduate transcripts and prepares degree plans for prospective and current students. Works collaboratively with the Registrar’s Office to ensure accurate representation of credits. Follows Upper Iowa University policies at all times regarding transfer credit, transcript acceptance, course substitutions, and other general advising issues.
- Assists active learners with scheduling of classes and updates degree plans, as needed, informs learners of alternative means of receiving credit toward the degree (CLEP/DSST exams, portfolio method
- Proactively identifies, advises and counsels all students at risk of administrative withdrawal or course drops and stop-outs, ensuring that students are aware of the ramifications (e.g. financial aid, progress towards degree, etc.).
- Actively pursues enrollment management efforts to re-enroll stop-out learners according to established retention plan.
- Maintains current knowledge of all UIU course modalities and procedures (center, online, Self-Paced, hybrid) in order to explain all learning models to current and potential enrolled students.
- Ensures Upper Iowa University has a culture of superior customer service through example and encouragement.
- Maintains superior customer service as a competitive advantage.
- Professionally represents Upper Iowa University to internal and external customers, including students, prospective students, companies, organizations, faculty, and UIU centers and locations.
- Provides prompt responses to email, voice, and other mail to ensure timely follow up and outstanding service to all customers.
Quality Educational Services
- Provide the range of enrollment services including admissions, advising, financial aid assistance (including grants, loans, Veterans benefits, tuition assistance, etc.) and appropriate tracking via Jenzabar and JRM for both walk-in prospective and currently enrolled students.
- Evaluates transcripts from other institutions; military experience and training; technical, vocational and organizational training; and other American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines. Advises students on selecting a major and the practicality of pursuing dual majors or minors.
- Ensures that University policies are followed by having a thorough knowledge of all policies and procedures outlined in the Centers’ Procedure Manual, Handbook for Administration and Staff, and current edition of the Academic Catalog.
- Provide a range of services in the Army’s GoArmyEd portal, including but not limited to scheduling classes, enrollment management, submission of Student Agreements (SA’s), and resolving student issues and problems.
- Collaborate with the Regional Director and academic schools in the development of the annual course schedule based on a template. Assure proper sequencing for students to complete degrees.
- Willingly comply with requests and directives from University supervisors and officials.
- Provide appropriate communication and reports to campus offices routinely and upon special request from University officials.
- For centers on military installations, provide appropriate liaison between the University and the Army Education Center ESO and his/her staff members; provide appropriate reports routinely and upon special request from Army officials.
- Reflect a positive, collegial attitude when representing UIU as a whole to the general public, strategic partners, the Total Military Family, campus offices, faculty, students and staff.
- Collaborate with the Regional Director to ensure all functions are being conducted and goals are being attained.
- Establish and maintain strong, mutually beneficial relationships with any partner institutions and businesses that may provide prospective students to the center. Recommend institutions for active articulation agreements and businesses for inclusion in the UIU Partnership Advantage program.
- For centers on military installations, collaborate with other colleges and universities serving The Total Military Family on the installation to bring about synergism of educational programs offered. Under the review of the Office of Academic Affairs, establish and maintain articulation agreements between UIU and all institutions serving the installation.
- Serve on University committees as appropriate.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with community colleges, businesses, government agencies, and law enforcement agencies. This includes but is not limited to corporate development activities, relationship marketing, fielding prospective student calls, reviewing all potential leads daily from prospective student inquiries, working education/career fairs, conducting orientation meetings and information sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Outstanding people skills, and for centers on military installations, knowledge of the military.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and outlook.
- Appropriate computer skills.
- Willingness to travel to support the University.
- Ability to work flexible work schedules including some evenings and weekends.
Master’s degree preferred.
Three years higher education experience with non traditional learners.
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds if necessary
Location Fort Hood, TX Special Conditions for Eligibility
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number AS219P
Open Date 05/06/2019
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Upper Iowa University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Upper Iowa University’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, furloughs, use of facilities, participation in activities, compensation and training.