Long term contract opportunity.
Reporting to the Insurance Risk Analyst and based in Amherst, OH, the Claims Specialist is responsible for supporting the Corporate Insurance/Risk Management department in the implementation and administration of the company’s global insurance and risk management program
Responsibilities of the Claims Specialist:
- Coordinate and manage all certificates of insurance and Auto ID cards. Establish a process to manage and organize all 3rd party issued certificates.
- Coordinate the company’s Letter of Credit programs with the Treasury Department.
- Respond to all information requests for Auto Liability claims, maintain claims files for all other lines of coverage as needed.
- Process invoices for payment and track all expenditures (premiums, self-insured retention billings& fees etc.) associated with Company’s Global Risk Management program.Communicate with operations as necessary on budget and premium inquiries.
- Responsible for general office administrative functions of the department and maintaining both physical and electronic Risk Management files.
- Assist with collecting,developing and analyzing underwriting data and exposure information for insurance renewals by interfacing with various internal departments, divisions and insurance brokers as requested. Complete underwriting insurance applications and work with insurance brokers to develop underwriting submissions as necessary.
- Participate in insurance renewal process as needed and oversee accurate maintenance and administration of all insurance policy documentation and supporting information for all lines of coverage.
- Create various reports, spreadsheets and graphics for meetings/presentations as needed.
- Assist with the tracking of Property Loss Engineering recommendations associated with the company’s Property Insurer.
- Respond to various inquiries from insurers, broker and internal customers as needed.
- Assist department with special projects and initiatives related to improving the Risk Management function and the programs it manages as requested. Assist with insurance or risk analysis as needed.
Requirements of the Claims Specialist:
- Detail-oriented,self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic environment.
- Requires High School diploma or GED; Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years administrative experience in insurance underwriting, claims or general business in a Corporate environment with an Associate’s degree. Minimum 8 years relevant experience required without a degree.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be flexible,manage competing priorities with deadlines
- Quick learner who takes initiative
- Desire to work as a business partner
- Ability to interact effectively with staff and customers a tall levels within a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite
- Relative experience in areas of Commercial Insurance,Finance/Accounting, Risk Management
- Familiarity with insurance and risk concepts
Submit resume to:
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Job Type: Contract
- insurance underwriting: 4 years (Preferred)
- insurance: 4 years (Preferred)
- relevant work: 4 years (Preferred)
- Insurance Risk Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)