Manages the hotel’s overall operation through maintaining established cost and quality standards, maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations.
- Manages all sources of revenue to include rooms, food and beverage, telephone and others. Ensures all departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
- Creates local and national marketing plans and pricing strategies and knows market segments. Responds quickly to changing market conditions and revises strategies accordingly.
- Actively participates in sales discussions, meetings and plans. Knows key account executives and business base. Knows monthly production levels for each sales person on the staff.
- Promotes Prism’s philosophies throughout the hotel to both employees and guests.
- Creates the hotel’s annual budget and monitors the performance of the hotel throughout the year.
- Produces monthly financial reports and knows at all times where the hotel stands against budget.
- Manages human resources functions of the hotel by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention and conducting regular employee meetings.
- Protects the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Ensures hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Internal: All hotel departments and employees: For leadership and communication
External: Account Executives: To promote business
Education/Experience: Four-year college degree is preferred, but not required and/or equivalent work experience. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
Certification and/or License Requirement: Alcohol awareness certification. General Manager and/or other certification as required by franchise.
Strong leadership skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Attention to detail.
Planning and organizational ability.
Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
Will be required to be on call when away from work.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Management: 4 years
- Food & Beverage: 2 years