The Project Manager is the overall manager for assigned project(s). The Project Manager ensures that all contracted work is developed, implemented, installed and managed in accordance with the Company’s requirements, including but not limited to, safety, quality, management and financial performance requirements. All aspects of the assigned project(s) must be carried out as efficiently as possible with respect to staffing, materials management, financial management, customer care and customer delivery goals.
General Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Controls Project Manager will need to have experience with the following to be able to manage the Controls Technicians:
- The Controls Tech II willpull, install and terminate low voltage cabling.
- The Controls Tech II will be able to read prints, wiring diagrams, drawings and specifications.
- The Controls Tech II will install control panels and controllers.
- The Controls Tech II will install and bend 1/2 inch to 1-inch conduit.
- The Controls Tech II will terminate and install various devices, to include:
- Pressure sensors
- Humidity sensors
- Rooftop units
- Make up air units
- Variable air volume units
- Unit ventilators
- Energy recovery ventilation units
- Deferential pressure devices
- Variable frequency drives
- Air handler units
- The Controls Tech II will adjust the sensitivity of and set addresses of devices.
- The Controls Tech II will install cable tray, j-hooks, bridal rings.
- The Controls Technician II will assume responsibility for effective performance of crew and provide necessary training, coordinate personnel and timeline to complete project.
- The Controls Tech II will fully complete all IES COMMUNICATIONS paperwork accurately and on time (timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required).
- The Controls Tech II will adhere to and participate in all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and regulations.
- The Controls Tech II will complete other responsibilities as assigned.
- Security Project Manager will need to have experience with the following to be able to manage the Security Technicians:
- Work history must contain minimum five (5) years verifiable experience in security systems, access control and CCTV.
- Must possess superior security systems troubleshooting skills.
- Must be highly competent with a computer, knowledge of RS232, RS485, Ethernet, TCP/IP protocols, and be able comprehend software programs for the required systems.
- NICET audio, NICET video security or CSA beneficial.
- Must be able to pass a background check for an Alarm Agent License or have a current Alarm Agent License.
- Must possess verifiable system certifications from various manufacturers. The company supports Bosch G Series, Bosch Ready Key Pro, Bosch Video, UTC/GE Intrusion, UTC/GE Access Control, UTC/GE CCTV, DSX, Software House, VideoIQ, EST 2 & 3 Fire, Bosch, Software House, and Fluid Mesh.
- The Project Manager will recruit, hire, train, manage, supervise, promote, discipline and discharge, if necessary, all project related staff. Effectively manage all human resource issues (and escalate as needed) per Company policies and procedures. Complete recommendations for project related employees’ performance ratings, promotions and pay changes. Provide guidance and mentoring to meet all customer and Company goals and objectives.
- The Project Manager will manage the workload distribution and monitor the customer delivery and job installation progress.
- The Project Manager will plan for, manage, monitor and maintain project profitability to achieve Company goals.
- The Project Manager reviews all job cost postings for accuracy and completeness, including but not limited to, the preparation of invoices, customer collections and periodic financial reporting to the customer and management.
- The Project Manager will manage all related quality and safety issues on customer work.
- The Project Manager will participate in and/or facilitate the bid process.
- The Project Manager acts as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
- The Project Manager will create, develop and implement account process improvement(s).
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The Project Manager must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and lead others to create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must have proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must able to travel within branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Must have the ability to learn Company and customer project management systems.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a Company sponsored American Express Card.
- Must be able to use the following trade Tools: punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, 6/8 position combo crimp tool, Krone/3M/BIX, butt set, volt-ohmmeter, 4-pair continuity tester and 5-gang punch tool.
- Regular and reliable job attendance required
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- RCDD certification preferred.
- Must have experience in customer interface, such as liaison between the customer and the Company.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of supervisory or managerial experience.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in telecommunications or a related technical or construction field.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a project, create a project scope of work, develop detailed associated tasks and manage these to final completion and customer turnover.
Minimum Years of Experience
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2020 fiscal year ending September 30, 2020, IES produced over $1.19 billion in revenue and employed over 5000 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
- Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company’s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Controls: 5 years (Required)
- Project Management: 5 years (Required)