PTC Therapeutics, Inc. is recruiting for an Information Technology (IT) Project Manager (Workday HRIS). This is a Contract role. This role is located in South Plainfield, NJ.
The Information Technology (IT) Project Manager (Workday HRIS) is responsible for providing project management leadership for the development and implementation of Workday HRIS solutions addressing PTC's business requirements. This position serves as a liaison between System Integrator (SI), business leads, and technology professionals/resources.
The incumbent works cross-functionally with internal departments and external resources on Project Management related issues.
The Information Technology (IT) Project Manager (Workday HRIS) supports adherence to relevant regulatory requirements and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as appropriate.
- As a senior member of the project team the, IT Project Manager will provide leadership in effectively managing the overall project focused on HRIS. He/she will work closely with the System Integrator (SI) team, and internal PTC leadership and end users, as well as IT and be overall responsible for the definition and execution of project deliverables and the day - to - day operations of the entire project, including: risk identification/mitigation, issue management and budget spend, status updates, meeting minutes, etc.
- The IT Project Manager (Workday HRIS) provides strong expertise in instituting the overall pre-defined implementation approach and methodology. This requires an astute ability to develop, evaluate and execute implementation plans and superior skills in defining project scopes, objectives and deliverables.
- The IT Project Manager (PM) owns the PTC project deliverables and is responsible for day-to-day project management, this includes identification of PTC Resource Needs, Planning, Communication, and development of stakeholder materials and management. The IT PM is the primary liaison with the Executive Steering Committee.
- The PM responsibilities will be shared between the PTC PM and the external SI PM, and will include:
- Definition of the implementation strategy
- Preparation and maintenance of the project plan, project budget, work plan, and project charter
- Supervision of project activities and production of all deliverables
- Acquisition, assignment and ongoing management of project resources
- Communication of project status to the Executive Steering Committee, Project Sponsors, Program Managers, and the Project Team
- Resolve/escalate project issues
- The IT PM must proactively anticipate project deviations and be responsible for taking immediate corrective action. It is also the IT PM's responsibility to obtain an understanding of the overall vendor business process integration in the PTC environment - the IT PM must be able to participate in the blueprinting of PTC's business processes.
- The IT PM participates and provides materials (Status updates, Communications, meeting minutes, etc.) in the Executive Steering Committee and Sponsors Meetings. In addition, the PM participates as an active member of the Change Management Team.
- Within the project, he/she will foster a genial work environment, ensure that information is effectively communicated among all team members and that clear guidelines exist for project standards and procedures. He/she will be required to work collaboratively with other team leaders to ensure the alignment of the project vision.
- The incumbent will possess a good application knowledge of Workday HRIS and a cross section of application components. This includes a high-level understanding of the business processes and functions.
- Follows Project Management Institute (PMI) methodology and best practices for project management; helps develop standards, processes around project management, prioritization, and portfolio management.
- Ability to work with the SI, Lead HR, IT, and Business representatives in the deployment of HR Admin, Compensation planning, Talent, Performance Management, Workforce Planning, Time and Attendance, Succession Planning, Recruiting, and Payroll.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management.
Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience.
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in related roles (including a minimum of 4 years of demonstrated IT project management experience) in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment.
Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates required:
Direct and demonstrated IT project management experience including experience leading large, complex, enterprise-wide, Workday HRIS projects.
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
Demonstrated experience leading the identification, development and implementation of GxP validated systems.
Expert experience identifying, developing, customizing and implementing vendor software, particularly Software As A Service (SaaS).
Proficiency with PPM Solutions, including implementation and on-going usage.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including extensive/applied experience using MS Project and SharePoint.
Excellent verbal and written communication and skills.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
Advanced (MS/MA) degree.
ITIL Foundations Certification.
Experience with Workday HRIS.
Understanding of GDPR requirements at a high level.