Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Responsible for design, implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance and oversight of electronic and electro mechanical controls, such as programmable logic controllers, human machine interface panels and screens, variable speed drives and respective databases and displays.
Education and Knowledge:
- Develops designs, and implements electronic controls for plant operation, data collection and analysis, and report generation and graphic display.
- Develops programming interface between manufacturing equipment and programmable logic controllers (PLC) and touch panels.
- Trains managers, maintenance and hourly personnel to properly use control panels and touch panels.
- Trouble shoots PLC’s, variable speed drives and other electromechanical equipment and trains maintenance personnel how to trouble shoot the same.
- Maintains equipment and process
- Develops, tests, and implements new electronic control process improvements.
- Supports the implementation of new controls for manufacturing equipment.
- Writes operating and troubleshooting guides and procedures.
- Troubleshoots equipment for root cause identification, recommends corrections, and provides solutions.
- Assists in installation and start-ups of new plants and equipment.
- Improves and/or replaces equipment operating programs/systems and procedures
- Provides onsite training support to plant maintenance and operator personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in electro mechanical engineering or related field, OR 6+ years electro mechanical experience in the ceramic tile industry. Must be knowledgeable of ceramic tile manufacturing processes. Working knowledge of electronic process control equipment and processes.
6+ years’ experience in ceramic tile production equipment, digital inkjet printers, sorting lines, spray driers, continuous as well as modular mills, kilns, glaze lines and hydraulic presses. Experience to include process optimization, programmable logic controllers, electromechanical troubleshooting, general maintenance and repair as well as the project management.
Must be very detail oriented, organized and a self starter. Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot. Strong technical knowledge of electro mechanical equipment and machinery, good organizing skills and attention to safety. Use a common sense approach to problem solving
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.