EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Three (3) plus years of work experience in business office management.
- Three (3) plus years of supervisory or management experience.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Master’s degree with an emphasis in business administration or finance.
- Five (5) plus years of progressive work and relevant industry experience.
- Five (5) plus years of supervisory or management experience.
- Work experience with healthcare accreditation and/or within the substance abuse treatment industry.
The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Organization, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our patients, partners and/or employees.
1. Business Manager oversees and manages administrative and ancillary facility services including business office, dietary, housekeeping, and maintenance operations.
2. Oversees and manages the patient admitting process throughout the facility.
3. Business Manager works to eliminate inappropriate barriers to patient admission.
4. Maintains complete and accurate actuarial record of all patient services.
5. Business Manager ensures compliance with all Joint Commission guidelines that relate to admissions, facility administration, and/or ancillary support services.
6. Ensures all facility personnel records meet Valley Hope requirements, regulatory requirements, and/or accrediting agency requirements.
7. Business Manager manages facility financial activities including facility accounting and facility banking, with a focus on accounts receivable management; manages and/or collaborates with the Financial Counselor on patient accounting activities based on the needs of the facility. Serves as back up to the Financial Counselor as needed.
8. Participates in the annual budgeting process including development of the facility’s annual budget; engages facilities management throughout the process to ensure budget meets the facility’s operational needs.
9. Business Manager manages the facility’s annual budget to ensure financial goals are being achieved and budget met. Communicates areas of concern and issues to facility management as needed.
10. Supervises support services staff including the business office staff, dietary staff, housekeeping staff, maintenance staff. Provides routine performance feedback, ongoing leadership, and mentoring in support of staff development.
11. Business Manager participates in facility performance improvement activities with an emphasis on administrative services. Collaborates with facility management staff to identify and implement improvement activities as appropriate across the facility.
12. Participates in multi-disciplinary case review; collaborates with the Financial Counselor regarding any patient financial issues to identify any implications to facility revenue and budget goals; advises facility management accordingly.
13. Business Manager ensures adherence across the facility Valley Hope’s operating policies, procedures, and standards.
14. Performs public relations and marketing activities, in coordination with the Program Director and/or the facility public relations representative, with particular emphasis on patient referral sources and alumni activities.
15. Business Manager works with the facility Advisory Board, in conjunction with the Program Director, in developing and performing Advisory Board activities.
16. Adheres to Valley Hope’s philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other regulating bodies.
17. Maintains a current working knowledge of trends within substance abuse treatment industry and with State and Federal regulatory requirements and guidelines.
18. Participates in all assigned staff meetings, staff development, and training as required.
19. Interacts and communicates with others (patients, co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to speak effectively with peers, employees, leadership, and patients.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong and mutually beneficial relationships with relevant parties.
- Self-directed and motivated to accomplish tasks, meet objectives and committed timelines
- Well-developed analytical skills; ability to assimilate large volumes of information, prioritize issues, form conclusions and determine appropriate action.
- Responsive and flexible; ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and modify approaches or methods to best fit the situation.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects while being responsive and flexible.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, which include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
The following is intended to give and overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Office setting with traditional hours within a residential and/or outpatient treatment facility.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time.
- Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
- Must be able to travel – estimated at 10-15% of the time.