CCloud Database (PostgreSQL/EnterpriseDB PPAS) Administrator is responsible for overseeing the database administration functions of Cloud Operations. This position is responsible for database implementation, as well and maintenance of PostgreSQL/EnterpriseDB PPAS. This role will work closely with the DBAs, development, architecture and infrastructure teams to design and administer databases to provide and enforce contractual SLAs.
- Installation and Administration of PostgreSQL with an emphasis on EnterpriseDB versions
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Implementation
- Developing scripts for a range of maintenance activities
- Patch/upgrade PostgreSQL in a HA architecture
- Managing connection poolers (pgPool and pgBouncer)
- Implementation and management of PPAS in a Cloud Environment
- Oversee performance analysis and resolution
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Expert in problem solving, planning, organization, and documentation
- Communicates effectively to both technical and non-technical individuals at various levels of customer and internal organizations
- Works as a member of a 24 x 7 team
The successful applicant will demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. They will possess strong consultative abilities and communication skills which they will leverage to tie their technical recommendations to business benefits and process change. After initial training they normally require little instruction on their day-to-day work.
- 5-8 years of experience working as a PostgreSQL/EnterpriseDB PPAS DBA with an experience of supporting Cloud customer facing production environments
- Experience managing 24x7 production support
- Strong knowledge in UNIX/LINUX platforms
- Must be able to manage time effectively and to deliver on commitments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to operate well in a team environment and when under pressure
- Knowledge of Java platforms and middleware is plus (e.g. Apache, Tomcat etc.)
- BS/BA or equivalent experience in Computer Science
- PPAS Database, Enterprise DB Database Administrator Certified Associate or Professional Preferred
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.