Responsible for all instruction of students in Diagnostic Medical Sonography program in accordance with established policies, procedures and established AHED requirements. The position reports directly to a Program Chair, Academic Dean,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the Lead Instructor, Program Chair, Academic Dean and/or or Campus President (as applicable).
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the administration.
- Grade assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner (i.e. less than 48 hours from the due date of the assignment/homework).
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment
- Substitute in classes when necessary.
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc. Maintain communication with the Lead Instructor, Program Chair, Academic Dean and/or Campus President (as applicable) regarding such activity.
- Submit, in writing, current supply and equipment needs to the appropriate supervisor.
- Monitor all equipment and supply inventory.
- Secure consumable supplies as well as educational materials from administrative office when needed.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Communicate with the Lead Instructor, Program Chair, Academic Dean or Campus President(as applicable) on all issues related to students.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development and professional growth) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field; attending teaching improvement as provided including mandatory AHED online training and Foundations of Teaching modules; reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines daily.
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc.) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs.
- Perform other duties as required.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Requires Associates Degree and 4 years in the field of Diagnostic Sonography
- Requires certification in SPI and a min. of one other certification.
Job Type: Contract
- Sonography: 4 years (Required)