The Logistics Coordinator maintains all the specified paperwork associated with the logistics department at a high level of accuracy. The Coordinator maintains and updates miscellaneous supplies, monitors phones, set up inbound and outbound appointments, and validate PO and STO. This position will also be a back up for the logistics coordinator.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Food Safety -- The Logistics Coordinator will follow and enforce all elements of Food Safety are being met within the plant.
- Process paperwork in SAP accurately and in a timely manner, including processing transfers, sales orders, inbound orders, purchase orders, direct orders, receiving reports, and tally sheets.
- Staff phones for all inbound calls to Logistics on 1st shift
- Monitor appointment emails and calls to set inbound delivery appointmentsInvestigate and provide supporting documentation for all inbound discrepancies
- Monitor and order all materials needed for production runs from HFS and Columbian facilities
- Call out any concerns of material shortages for production runs to procurement and operations teams
- Assist Logistics Coordinator in performing inbound receipts when required
- Validate all PO and STO receipts after the unload to verify that no discrepancies have occurred
- Monitor late arrivals of inbound deliveries and communicate to procurement any missed appointments
- Maintain efficient filing system for all inbound completed paperwork
- Monitor and order all office supplies for Logistics
- Monitor and order all MISC materials (stretch wrap, glue, tape, airbags)
- When processing paperwork, will need to include the following: ship to sites, ship from sites, correct locations, code dates, item number, purchase order number, sales order number, trailer number, seal number, foremen initials, hilo driver initials, trailer inspection completed, completed to yard stamp, completed in SAP stamp, trailer in and trailer out stamp and any other additional processes we may need to add at the discretion of the Company.
- Scheduling appointments; schedule only valid purchase orders that are required to be delivered, input the delivery information into the Yardview Program after the appointment has been confirmed, contact Buyer if more information is needed, MMC orders Production bulk and components on a Material Order Form and ensure orders are delivered in a timely manner to support production.
- Dispatching of shuttle drivers; sending drivers to varied locations to pick-up and deliver the following: transfers and deliveries to CLN warehouses, transfers and deliveries to all other Hearthside facilities, transfers and deliveries to outside storage facilities and must be able to manage shuttle drivers efficiently.
- Hearthside procurement, products, and production processes.
- Inbound and outbound logistics
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical ability, leadership strength and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong ability to Multitask.
MS Office Suite and SAP.
- Work is 70% on the floor and 30% in the office.
- Frequent production environment exposure which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts, and fluctuations in temperature.
- Standing, walking for extended periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled