SUMMARY: Ships, packs, seals and ships all mail and packages daily in an accurate and timely manner. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association.
- Repacks, seals, weighs, records and enters into computer all UPS packages daily in an accurate and timely manner
- Packs and prepares packages to be shipped by all commercial carriers in an accurate and timely manner
- Picks up packages from various departments to be shipped out in a timely manner
- Monitors inventory of mailing/shipping supplies and orders as necessary to ensure adequate stock is on hand
- Delivers office supply orders, in a timely manner, to various departments orders on the office supply requisition forms
- Performs duties of other shipping and mail clerks, as needed and as directed
- Picks up all outgoing mail from each division according to schedule, as needed
- Collects payment from NRA employees for personal shipments in an accurate manner
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- SCOPE: Daily interaction with departmental staff, NRA employees, other divisions, and outside vendor/contractors. Position functions in a fast paced work environment handling a high volume of packages which must be efficiently packaged or shipped as required. Position functions with minimal direct supervision for each task. No travel required. Occasional overtime required,. Position requires the physical ability to lift up to 75 lbs., regularly bend, lift, load and carry that amount of weight, and the ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent required. Must be at least 21 years of age and eligible to work in the U.S. without restrictions.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent customer service skills required. Ability to follow directions and accomplish multiple tasks required. Able to read documents and written instructions and accurately use computer programs. Ability to communicate effectively with managers, team members, employees, and outside vendors. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player to accomplish workplace goals and ensure a collaborative working environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28,000.00 to $30,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: