Coordinator, Health & Wellness Programs
Global Down Syndrome Foundation (“Global”) is looking for an energetic, strong logistical coordinator to assist in organizing its eight health & wellness programs in Colorado. This position will be responsible for the success of Global’s programs as defined by partner and participant satisfaction.
The Coordinator will assist the Senior Coordinator of Global’s Health & Wellness Programs to manage family outreach, vendors, broad-based community partners, approximately 200 volunteers, and program-related work with other Global departments.
Global is a public not for profit 501(c)3 providing funding that significantly improves the lives of people with Down syndrome through Research, Medical Care, Education and Advocacy. Global works every day to deliver on this mission with its three Affiliates:
- Anna and John J. Sie Center for Down Syndrome at Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome on the Anschutz Medical Campus
- Rocky Mountain Alzheimer’s Disease Center on the Anschutz Medical Campus
Global’s key areas of work are:
- Development: Implementing strategic initiatives, fundraising plans and friend-raising efforts
- Advocacy: Including but not limited to government advocacy and general awareness
- Communication, Public Relations & Marketing
- Event Management: Year-round events and execution of Global’s major annual event (Be Beautiful Be Yourself Fashion Show);
- Community Outreach: Including but not limited to Global Membership programs, Health & Wellness Programs, and community surveys and market research
Global’s primary activity is in Colorado and the D.C. area. Future efforts include establishment of a world-class medical care center for adults with Down syndrome.
The Coordinator position is both challenging and rewarding. It requires a dedication to working with our existing and future program partners with diplomacy and professionalism, and the ability to multitask and be detailed at the same time.
The position is tasked with assisting to successfully organize, manage, and promote Global’s eight existing programs:
- Be Beautiful Be Yourself Dance Class with the Colorado Ballet
- Dare to Play Soccer Camp with the CO Rapids and Regis University
- Dare to Play Football Camp with Ed McCaffrey at Valor Christian H.S.
- Dare to Cheer Camp with the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders at Valor Christian H.S.
- Dare to Cheer Camp with the Junior Denver Broncos Cheerleaders
- Dare to Play Football Camp with the CU Buffs Football Players & Sigma Nu
- Dare to Play Football Camp with the CU Buffs Cheerleaders
- Dare to Play Tennis Camp with Gates Tennis Center
The Coordinator reports directly into the Senior Coordinator of Global’s Health & Wellness Programs department. The Coordinator will assist the Senior Coordinator so that Global’s programs (a) meet their annual measures for success, and (b) are organized in such a fashion that is seamless and pleasant for those involved both internally and externally. Below are the key areas of responsibility for this position:
- Expense Reports – Manage expenses associated with each program to the overall program budget as appropriate; Turn in expense reports with details and receipts in a timely manner
- Maintain existing in-kind donation vendors and expand in-kind donations
- Monitor annual deliverables on a quarterly basis with the department head
- Provide self-evaluation documentation in a timely way for annual reviews
- Manage sick time, vacation time, personal days in an organized and trackable fashion for HR
- Be aware of, and follow Global’s employee handbook
Program Coordination – in conjunction with the department’s Senior Coordinator, program coordination includes but is not limited to:
- Dates – Secure dates as soon as practicable for each camp and program, and communicate such dates both internally and externally
- Volunteers – Recruit high quality volunteers for each program and track consistency; Ensure adequate volunteers for both set-up and tear-down for all camps and classes
- Uniforms & Photography – Contract high quality, reasonably priced uniforms that are comfortable and attractive for all of Global’s programs; recruit pro bono photography for each of the programs
- Program Support – Work with Global’s community partners each year to create new DVDs and workbooks that reinforce skills at home for Global’s participants
- Communications – Organize an annual calendar through which e-mail blasts, e-newsletter blurbs, blogs, marketing materials, and website registrations and updates can be managed in a timely way
- Attendance – Work to ensure attendance to camps, classes and game day is meeting the department’s forecasts and assist with phone calls, follow-up and transportation as appropriate
- Waivers & Releases – Work to ensure the camp and class participants have all signed the appropriate waivers and releases prior to the start of the camp or class
- Logistics – Work to ensure the camps and classes are safe, enjoyable environments that start on time, have smooth and easy registration, have plenty of water and snacks, have ample, trained volunteers and PALs, have Global trained coaches or teachers, and have correct sizes for uniforms; Work to ensure that “game days” and “half time performances” are highly organized for families and participants, that vendors and entertainment are booked ahead of time, and schedules and event programs are created in a timely way
- Surveys – Work towards 100% survey rate for all participants across all programs in order to understand what changes will enhance the participant experience and as required by external grants
- Confidentiality & Professionalism – maintain confidentiality and privacy with program participants, families, vendors, and partners; Report to Senior Coordinator with sensitive matters
Program Assessment & Data Management
- Program Assessment – in addition to the monthly variance reports, provide monthly (or if urgent, immediate) updates on program-related attendance, family, partner, celebrity, venue and/or vendor feedback
- Data Management – ensure that contact information for vendors, supporters, participants, family members and details regarding diet (e.g. gluten free) are updated into Global’s database with clear direction every week
- With direction from the Senior Coordinator, organize thank yous, mailings and photos to our participants, families, vendors, and other constituents
- Assist to organize hard copy and electronic files for the department
- Assist Global’s PR department to obtain press for the programs
- Attend other events as applicable
- Assist with the Be Beautiful Be Yourself Fashion Show
- Assist Senior Coordinator with special projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years’ experience at sports camps or organizing programs and events
- High ethical standards, maintain high level of confidentially; ability to handle yourself in a professional manner including under pressure
- Excellent work ethic and positive disposition
- Excellent judgment in terms of problem solving and knowing when to ask for direction versus when to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with ethnic, cultural and ability diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels in organizations
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, with minimal support staff and ability to organize volunteers to deliver key results
- Flexible with changing priorities and diversity within responsibilities
- Skilled with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
CTRS; Prior work related to Down syndrome or developmental disabilities sector; Experience with Raiser’s Edge or another constituent database
STAFF AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reports to the Senior Coordinator, Health & Wellness Programs
Mondays through Friday from 9:00am - 6:00pm, periodic work on evenings/ weekends as required for programs/events.
This is an exempt position, requiring flexibility in order to meet deadlines and attend Global events. Salary is commensurate to experience and salary history.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Global Down Syndrome Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The foundation’s policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment and provides equal employment opportunity regarding race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, height, weight, or military status and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34,000.00 to $37,000.00 /year
- Program Coordination: 1 year