THINK BIG. BE BRAVE. HAVE FUN!
JackRabbit/Olympia Sports is an omni-channel retailer of athletic footwear, apparel, and accessories with corporate headquarters in Cherry Creek North area of Denver, CO. We operate retail stores in multiple states under several store brands including the Boulder Running Company locally in Colorado.
We are looking for a Merchandise Analyst to analyze the historical data and current trends, provides a compelling assortment of the right product to every store to support their Merchant Team and local, seasonal selling needs. Serves as a liaison between the field and the merchandise team to communicate on requests and transfers. Ensures timeliness of deliveries to stores and maximize sales by performing the following main duties:
- Analyzes inventory levels and sell-thru in all doors to determine capacity and profitability
- Partners with Buyer to review sell-thrus and other metrics to determine the best stores to Allocate product to in-season.
- Provides analysis and feedback on in-season inventory needs, giving size breaks and recommending quantities to Buyers for replenishment and new product launches
- Allocates replenishment product based on many metrics, including sales history, WOS, margins and capacity.
- Maintains all min/max levels by location for their product category.
- Performs transfers and consolidations – execute all RTV
- Sets up new store assortments and updates models for acquisition doors
- Communicates regularly with store management regarding product concerns and opportunities.
- Support Distribution Center inventory management
- Additional duties and projects as required
Required Education and/or Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in merchandising/allocation, or other closely related experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. A degree in Business or Merchandising preferred.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
- Should haveintermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Must be an effective communicator with internal and external individuals at all levels. This includes spoken, written, electronic, and presentation skills. Communication should be consistently constructive and professional. Must be a good team player.
Decision Making and Problem-Solving Skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Uses specialized knowledge to go beyond the routine to solve complex problems that frequently affect areas beyond own functional area. Must be able to approach unfamiliar situations, projects, and opportunities with confidence and curiosity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for more than 6 hours per shift
- Use hands to finger, handle and feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk and/or hear
- Stand for up to 4 hours at a time regularly
- Walk or move from one location to another
- Periodically may need to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company’s policies are required for this position.
- Average work week is 40-50 hours, which can vary depending on business need.
- The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy office setting.
The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy office setting. Less than 20% time will be spent traveling (by air or land).
The company reserves the right to modify this job description with or without notice. Employees may be asked to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per the company policy.
JackRabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: JackRabbit is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at JackRabbit are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. JackRabbit will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. JackRabbit encourages applicants of all ages 18+.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off