- CAD Software
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
We are a national leader in implementing straightforward approaches to development and deployment of scalable enterprise Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) solutions. Michael Baker International has differentiated itself and expanded its capabilities by using the latest technologies. For example, we use aerial, static and mobile Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) systems that accurately determine range, elevation, and other critical mapping data. With hundreds of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), survey, mapping and IT professionals in our Geospatial Practice across North America, Michael Baker International possesses in-house experience and resources to support all elements of your program needs, including: needs analysis, digitizing/data conversion, customized mapping applications, and systems documentation, implementation, and training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIVITIES
- Work under the supervision of a Licensed Surveyor in primarily an office setting
- Assist in mapping projects for private land development and public/municipal sectors
- Ensure project goals/objectives are met within prescribed timeframe and funding parameters
- Perform mapping related research, boundary analysis, calculations for a variety of land development and public works projects throughout California
- Perform survey data post processing and prepare reports
- Prepare final maps, parcel maps, lot line adjustments, record of surveys, ALTA Surveys; legal descriptions and exhibits
- Work closely with engineers to ensure coordination of technical surveying and engineering aspects of a project
- Perform coordination and processing of mapping documents with Public Agencies
- 3 or more years of mapping and/or surveying emphasized experience is required
- Status of Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) is strong preferred but not required -Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) status will be seen as more competitive
- Knowledge of California Subdivision Map Act and Land Surveyors Act, and a thorough knowledge of drafting standards and processing project requirements is required
- Drafting Proficiency with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, is required
- Due to the nature of our projects, a working knowledge in Microstation and Inroads are a plus but not mandatory
- Public Agencies processing experience is preferred.