Kitten Nursery Manager
Oversee daily operations of the Kitten Nursery
Trains, supervises, and monitors staff and volunteers
Responsible for personnel related tasks including new hire training, work schedules, work assignments, termination, and leave requests
Create, implement and enforce Standard Operating Procedures for animal care, disease management and staff policies
Recruiting and continuing SOP training of new and existing staff members
Responsible for daily animal inventory and supply inventory
Responsible for daily inspection of kitten nursery
Assists with identification and review of animals
Evaluate medical data from our PetPoint database and ensure treatment protocols are administered
Update medical charts and enter information into the PetPoint database system
Feed and provide basic care to orphaned kittens ranging in age from birth to eight weeks
Maintain sanitation in the nursery according to established protocols
Alert veterinary staff to any health issues needing attention
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills including professional phone etiquette and computer knowledge
Must have the ability to multitask and delegate work and supervise staff
Must be able to deal with staff with diplomacy and respect
Must have the ability to communicate both in written and oral form; to plan, organize and direct the work of others; to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze facts and devise solutions or plans
Up to 40+ hours per week; you will need to be flexible with days/times and could expect to cover some evenings and possibly overnight hours. Pay will be negotiable.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Lifting and handling animals of varying sizes and breeds, bending, stooping and walking on a daily basis.
- Ability to effectively and safely handle a variety of animals and spend extensive periods of time with those animals in close quarters.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Advanced computer skills, including but not limited to ability to access databases, check company e-mail and etc.
Materials and Equipment used
- Multi-line phone system
- Scrubbers, squeegees, broom/dustpan, mop and bucket
- Syringes, catheters
- Leashes collars, harnesses
- Control sticks, snap snares
- Hoses with and without pressure attachments
This is a brief description of what SPCA Cincinnati is looking for in a Nursery Manager. Items are subject to change, however, nursery manager will be made aware in advance.