Ronald C Wornick Jewish Day School
Position: Elementary School Teacher (starting Jan 2020 - June 2020 with possibility to stay on the following year). Full time with medical benefits.
Located in Foster City, Ronald C Wornick Jewish Day School is a pluralistic community day school for students from TK until 8th grade. We are a warm and welcoming community with a collaborative team focused on bettering our school, supporting our students and welcoming our families. We are seeking an elementary school teacher to begin immediately as a long term substitute for the remainder of the school year with the potential of becoming a full time teacher at Wornick. We are seeking an experienced, kind and empathetic educator who is able to differentiate for a group of diverse learners.
California Teaching Credential highly preferred. Teacher will work under supervision of the principal.
1. Provide an instructional program based on identified need of each student; effectively utilize all adopted programs as basic resources to the instructional program;
2. Accept responsibility for student performance in terms of grade level objectives;
3. Use appropriate methods and acceptable materials for meeting the grade level objectives;
4. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning appropriate to the maturity and interests of students;
5. Assess and report the accomplishments of students on a regular basis; provide reports as required or requested i.e., lesson plans, attendance records, cum folders, parent/teacher conference reports, etc.;
6. Recognize support personnel and parents as contributing resources for appropriate involvement in the educational learning processes; accept responsibility for following school procedures in reporting to parents regularly concerning student progress and involving parents in various aspects of the instructional program throughout the year;
7. Assist the administration in implementing all policies affecting student life and conduct at school; maintain order in a fair and equitable manner; encourage student self-direction and control; maintain reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure;
8. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for assistance when teacher aides, tutors, or parents are involved;
9. Cooperate with grade level peers or resource teacher in all aspects of job performance;
10. Strive to maintain and improve professional competence;
11. Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees as requested;
12. Accept a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities within the school;
13. Respond positively to administrative suggestions and direction in the performance of all assignments and reports.
Key Skills and Competencies:
1) Bachelor's Degree minimum, masters in education or related subject area preferred
2) California Teaching Credential preferred
3) Minimum of 3 years experience as a lead teacher in a classroom
4) Ability to differentiate for a wide variety of learners including accelerated students and students with learning differences
5) Familiarity with progressive education and project based learning preferred
6) Experience and knowledge with the Jewish community a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- CA Credential (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Parental leave