Factor is the leader in next-generation solutions for complex legal work at scale. Clients turn to us for real solutions to big problems, ranging from one-off regulatory projects to long-term managed services. We leverage modernized processes, smart resourcing constructs, and the best of legal technology to help clients overcome the limitations of the traditional in-house and law firm models.
We are comprised of nearly 500 lawyers, legal specialists, technologists, and process consultants across Europe and North America, and we’re growing! Join us!
As a newly-spun company that is now charting our own course, we are thrilled to embark on an exciting journey, and we’re looking for Contract Analysts to join us in our mission!
Our Project team handles complex, high-profile projects for Fortune 500 companies who are looking to achieve compliance with less disruption. The team is an industrious group of people who have a passion legal process and prowess, and, occasionally, karaoke.
Our Contract Analysts are at the forefront of each project, reading, reviewing, analyzing, and structuring information for our clients. These agreements are usually substantive as well as intellectually challenging, which makes a great learning opportunity for people who want more exposure to commercial agreements.
We are currently looking to meet new people who would be interested in being a part of upcoming regulatory projects. If interested, we would love to meet you!
- Reading complex agreements, including financial documents, with meticulous attention to detail, while analyzing and identifying key information
- Reviewing and analyzing a large volume of contracts efficiently and accurately, working closely with the team to maintain best quality work product
- Being a team player and working with Project Managers to meet on-time deliverables and support project budgets and deadlines
- Maintaining excellent communication skills and a professional and warm approach
You are adaptable, authentic, accountable, and values-driven. You’re a team player who exhibits personal leadership and leaves things better than you found them. We’re looking for someone who always gives their best and inspires others to do the same. This role requires delivering excellent client service, structured problem solving and helping lead teams to quickly turn-around and deliver outcomes. It’s no small task!
In addition to the above, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this role:
- A law degree (Juris Doctor or LLM)
- Knowledge of and/or passion for contractual agreements, including commercial, vendor, financial, banking, licensing, sales, procurement, leases .... well you get the idea!
- Attention to detail and ability to work quickly while reading and reviewing a large volume of contracts, without sacrificing quality
- Critical thinking skills that will aid you in your journey to analyst and digest dense material
- Enjoy working on a team with other legal professionals who have a passion for changing the legal industry for the better
- Proficiency with computer software, including online review tools and the Microsoft Office suite; ability to learn proprietary programs
- A high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment are always appreciated
- Previous contract review experience is a plus but not required; recent graduates as well as those who are eager to learn are encouraged to apply
- Location: 33 W Monroe St, Chicago IL 60603
- Hours: 40 hours a week
- Comp: $30/hour
- Type of role: Temporary W-2
We hope to hear from you!
As a member of an ISO Compliant center, the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management System in place at the Centre of Excellence and globally at Factor. As a member of the Factor team, the applicant will have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.
Factor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $28.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19