About Nuvance Health
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Assists donors in navigating Nuvance Health's care delivery system, nurturing relationships with donors and their families and establishing strong communication channels between the Foundation and clinical departments. Serves as the primary resource for donors utilizing Nuvance Health and its affiliates for their health care needs including weeknights, weekends and holidays based on a Concierge Team call schedule to provide consistent services to donors enrolled in the Concierge Program. Round on VBMC and NDH patients, as directed by leadership, to assist with enhancing the patient/family experience.
1. Serves as the primary source of contact for donors' accessing care at Nuvance Health during normal business hours. Provides on-call coverage weeknights and weekends as a member of the on-call Concierge program team.
2. Develops trusting relationships with, and provides support to, donors and their families regarding access to services, referrals, assistance with medical appointments, billing concerns and other matters associated with the donor's care experience at Nuvance Health. Communicates with donors following receipt of services to gauge donors' perception of the services and promote donor retention and loyalty.
3. Cultivates relationships within the various clinical departments and care areas, both inpatient and outpatient, to facilitate donor's care needs and to identify new opportunities to improve the care experience for donors and all patients.
4. Reviews daily HIPAA appropriate patient lists provided electronically by IT, visiting donors and prospective donors to ensure timely service and a positive care experience.
5. Tracks and records HIPAA appropriate information on the Foundation's database relative to the visited patients' care experience, notifying and coordinating visits by Hospital(s) leadership to further nurture the donors' relationship with Nuvance Health.
6. Prepares Concierge membership materials, carefully capturing information on donor records and media tab, updating coding on RE & patient database.
7. Round on ED patients/families, as appropriate, to positively maximize the patient/family experience.
8. Tracks non-member patient rounding contact in real-time on the ED platform.
9. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Listening skills, ability to multi-task, think quickly, resourceful, clear communicator, adhere to confidentiality, and provide compassion.
Vassar Brothers Medical Center, Poughkeepsie, NY
DHNMH FDN General & Admin
Exempt from Overtime:
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
Western Connecticut Health Network and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.