Reporting to the VP of Sales and Marketing, the Area Sales Manager is key to the ownership and development of the regional account pipeline of new business opportunities for Quality Built in an assigned sales region. This requires someone who is a true ‘Hunter’…someone who has a strategic mind and tactical prowess to create a thorough plan to target companies for whom Quality Built is eager to provide solutions and services. The Area Sales Manager will be accountable for identifying new regional sales and product growth opportunities/partnerships, creating and building new relationships/rapport with regional client contacts, negotiating and closing new business deals, while remaining current and well informed on regional market trends and competition. In addition, the Area Sales Manager will work closely in partnership with the Regional Sales
Manager on national accounts with a regional presence in their territory, be an integral part of keeping existing regional clients abreast of new offerings and capabilities, and be a key contributor to the management of future growth within Quality Built.
The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be a self-starter with a willingness and passion for making a genuine difference. We seek a motivated, enthusiastic, direct, honest, logical thinker with abundant energy, a dedication to excellence, and a strong desire for financial success.
We expect this person to work with others throughout the company in a respectful, energetic, and collaborative manner to create and maintain an environment that is conducive to solving issues as a team. This person will maintain high professional standards, expectations, and processes in all settings that align with Quality Built’s Mission, Vision, & Values, as well as, the general standards of the Sales & Marketing Department. The successful candidate will also create and refine internal relationships that streamline communication and encourage success between the Sales and Marketing Department and others.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Prospect for potential new account clients and rapidly turn opportunity into increased business by identifying and engaging the decision makers within the client organization. * Plan approaches and pitches that quickly convince potential customers to do business with Quality Built.Develop and present proposals that clearly address the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Using a consultative sales approach, overcome objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Understand key players, building code, materials requirements, trends, and needs, and become a product, service and industry expert to leverage the company’s capabilities, experience, and successful partnerships.
- Work with leadership and technical staff to strategize new products and meet customer needs.
- Develop written account plans including metrics to define annualized sales potential at each account.
- Track, record, and submit expense and sales activity reports as required using company software.
- Manage all phases within the sale cycle to the successful close of profitable deals.
- Deliver compelling sales presentations, arguments, and proposals.
- Communicate effectively at all client levels (titles), including C-level executives.
- Build and manage a regional sales pipeline throughout all levels and prospects/clients within the sales cycle.
- Build and execute appropriate sales plans, close plans, and accurately forecast expected revenue results.
- Meet or exceed sales goals and quotas.
- Attend various industry events and provide feedback and information on regional market and competitive trends.
- Provide ongoing gap and competitive analysis to identify new growth area opportunities.
- Using knowledge of the regional market and competitors and leveraging industry expertise, relationships, and portfolio knowledge, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Uphold Policies and Practices as defined in the Company Employee Handbook.
SKILLS & PROFICENCIES
- Personable, Positive Attitude and Personality
- Effectively and Correctly Speak and Write English
- Demonstrated Sales Leadership
- Strong Communication and Problem-Solving Skills
- Superior Relationship Management
- Cross-functional Team Influencer
- Effective and Compelling Presenter
- Creative Thinker and Collaborator
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering, or a related field is preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of successful B2B field sales experience in the construction or a closely related field required; preferably with a specialty products/services supplier to building and/or development companies.
- Relationships, knowledge, and experience within the construction materials or services industry with residential or commercial builders is necessary.
- Experience with a consultative sales approach is helpful.
- Strong track record in growing sales, including a proven track record of selling value and developing relationships with key decision makers and influencers in customer organizations.
- Strong strategic, large account plan development, optimizing the sales funnel, articulating value propositions and creating metrics to demonstrate value.
- 3+ years’ experience with CRM systems.
- 3+ years’ experience and clear proficiency with MS Office suite and MS Teams.
- 3+ years’ experience working in cross-functional teams.
- 5+ years’ experience in sales demonstrations and presentations.
- 5+ years’ experience in all aspects of developing and managing sales strategies and territories.
- Work is performed in an office environment with moderate noise level as well as outdoors and while traveling. The employee in this class is frequently subject to outside environmental conditions and weather conditions, including temperature changes.
- Position requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, which permits the employee to function in a general or home office environment and while traveling to accomplish tasks.
- Constantly requires clarity of speech and hearing, which permits the employee to communicate effectively.
- Constantly requires clear vision to read printed materials and computer screen to accomplish work.
- Constantly requires repetitive movement of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- 40%-60% domestic travel and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be insurable driver acceptable to the company’s insurance company.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, efficiently and accurately without causing a significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skill required of all personnel so classified. This job description is not an employment agreement and/or an expressed or implied employment contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Cross-Functional Team Collaboration: 3 years (Required)
- B2B Sales: 5 years (Required)
- CRM Software: 3 years (Required)
- Developing Sales Territories: 5 years (Required)
- MS Office Suite & MS Teams: 3 years (Required)
- Sales Presentations: 5 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off