The Records Office of GW’s Law School is responsible for the maintenance of electronic records for student academic history, registration, course scheduling, graduation clearance, etc. This office ensures that the provision/release of student related information and records are in accordance with the Family Educational and Rights Privacy Act (FERPA), as well as compliance with University guidelines and policies, and accreditation standards.
The Records Office is searching for a permanent full-time Student Services Representative to serve the office’s front desk from 11:30 am to 8:00 pm daily. This position reports directly to the Director, Law School Records Office. In addition to providing administrative support with maintaining student records on academic history, this position will also assist with other tasks such as preparing certificates of request, letters of good standing, and bar examination forms.
- Performs a variety of responsible customer service duties to include answering questions and providing advisory information to Law School students/faculty, and communicates in-depth information in person, on the telephone, via fax, or through e-mail exchanges.
- Provides comprehensive information and support services in areas such as GWeb registration, class schedule information, enrollment/degree verifications, curriculum course requirements, policies and procedures, registrations, class location, bar certifications, graduation clearance and serves as a troubleshooter in solving routine administrative or procedural problems in regard to student records.
- Evaluates problems to include complex matters such as discrepancies in the registration process including holds, adds, drops to ensure that they are in compliance with Law School policies and procedures and resolves issues by offering solutions, explanations, or options, and follows through to resolution.
- Certifies graduates for the State Bar Examinations, and ensures that the provision/release of student related information and records are in accordance with the Family Educational and Rights Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Maintains policy and decision files, regulations, historical files and similar documentation applicable to the Student Records Office; assures informational material is up-to-date and well stocked in the student distribution center.
- Maintains office supply inventory and acts as the supply coordinator for ordering all supplies. Performs other work related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED, or, a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
This position excellent customer service skills, experience with a comprehensive computerized student information system, attention to detail, demonstrated ability to organize tasks, and to work collaboratively in a team environment. During finals and/or graduation, this position may work varied office hours and overtime.
Excellent records maintenance skills, and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is highly desired.
Typical Hiring Range $15.29 - $19.88 How is pay for new employees determined at GW?
II. JOB DETAILS
Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C.
GW Law School (LAW)
Family Enrollment Services
Stream Service and Support
Level Level 1
Hours Per Week:
Monday through Friday 11:30 am to 8:00 pm
Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor.
Required Background Check:
Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status
Internal Applicants Only? No
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:
Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.