The Install Base (IB) Engineer provides engineering supports (remote or onsite) on Magnetic Resonance Superconducting Magnets, Gradient Coils and MR Systems to customers as well as GE Healthcare Field Engineers, supports NPI and Factory Activities and ensures on-time delivery of technical publications/Service Manuals.
Support level 4 service calls and customer escalations (CSOs) remotely and at customer sites. Traveling to global customer sites to troubleshoot and repair hardware issues. Identifying systemic issues in product or process and providing feedback and support to lifecycle/NPI/manufacturing teams. Setting appropriate expectations to service teams & customers. Defining and owning service manuals, procedures for field modifications related to magnetic resonance smagnets and gradient coils.
BS Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Engineering.
- 10+ years Experience with MRI field support.
- Technical depth in one or more hardware engineering disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical, Cryogenics, Thermodynamics etc.)
- Ability to receive medical clearance to work safely in a high magnetic field environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel globally up to 50%, including overnight stays.
- Experience in the medical device industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Capability to generate innovative concepts
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented and able to multi-task.
- Works productively in a fast-paced multitasking environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Maintains a positive outlook at work.
- Handles coaching well and learns from it.
GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
United States; South Carolina; Florence
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.