Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in these locations:
Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, San Francisco, and Seattle
Business Development at Crunchbase*
The business development team takes Crunchbase partnerships from ideas to execution. This includes driving usage and adoption of our entire product line, developing product-enabling partnerships to expand our platform, and crafting revenue opportunities.
The revenue partnerships team focuses on developing and growing relationships with partners who build on Crunchbase’s data platform. We work with our partners to build enterprise-grade integrations and distribute our data and products; our goal is to help end-users discover Crunchbase data through our partners’ software and platforms while driving balanced revenue growth. We’re excited by business and technology agreements that build wins for our users, our partners, and our company.
What You'll Do:
- Work across the Business Development team to refine our partner strategy and evolve the direction for developing and nurturing Crunchbase’s revenue-generating partnerships
- Structure, negotiate and execute deals that require creative thinking, skillful negotiation, and the ability to influence decision-makers across teams
- Develop, model, test, and scale new partnership models
- Identify and develop new revenue-generating partnerships, lead day-to-day relationships with a diverse set of partners, and cultivate relationships and identify new opportunities to expand existing partnerships
- Represent partners internally and externally to convey requirements, strengthen relationships, and work to ensure a mutually beneficial partnership
- Work cross-functionally with internal product and engineering teams to align on priorities and our roadmap
- Partner with marketing to develop go-to-market strategies, and with legal and strategic finance to review, revise and amend contracts and obligations
- Liaise between partners and internal teams to ensure deliverables, the fulfillment of contractual obligations, achievements, and execution
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years in a strategic partnership or business development role
- Proven track record of leading and scaling a wide variety of strategic partners with significant revenue impact, including exceeding revenue targets
- Experience reviewing, analyzing, and amending sophisticated contracts
- Previous experience working directly with engineers and product managers
- High level of emotional intelligence and comfort dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills - writing and speaking at the executive level, both internally and externally, comes with ease
- MBA, JD or other graduate degree preferred, but not required
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to establish a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.
Job Type: Full-time