Serves as the primary liaison with pathologists, surgery
and laboratory. Maintains thorough knowledge of
protocols and federal regulations governing research.
Coordinates data collection, tissue procurement,
preservation, storage, and distribution, according to
established FDA regulations.
- Works with the Pathologist to coordinate retrieval
of patient samples. Responsible for maintaining
storage, and shipping of samples according to study
- Coordinates/performs quality assessment of samples.
- Process blood, urine and fluids as appropriate per
- Recommends and maintains equipment used according to
manufacturers and research protocols.
- Reviews research protocols and develops procedures
to operationalize protocols.
- Maintains documentation using approved tracking
database specific to BioBank registries.
- Acts as liaison between laboratory, pathologists,
surgery and other departments as appropriate.
- Assists in preparation of financial budget and
assures compliance within budget.
- Coordinates data collection and management of
database as required by protocol and federal
research regulations, HIPAA, JC, etc.
- Orders supplies and maintains appropriate supply
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
Supports LEAN culture and ProMedica mission and
- Maintains established hospital and departmental
policies and procedures, objectives, quality,
safety, environmental and infection control.
Complies with requirements of accreditation and
regulatory agencies by attending/completing
mandatory in-services and continuing laboratory
education. Maintains and upgrades personal
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in medical
technology, chemistry or biology from an accredited
college or university
- Masters degree or Masters candidate desirable.
- Must be registered by the American Society of
Clinical Pathologists; minimum 2 years laboratory
analytic experience as MT(ASCP).
- Experience in LEAN process improvement preferred.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and display,
statistics and quality theory preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to interact
effectively with staff, management and physicians.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national
origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age,
disability, military or veteran status, height, weight,
familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace