- Account Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Microsoft Office
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia (The Chamber) brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. Our members represent eleven counties, three states, and roughly 600,000 employees from thousands of member companies and organizations. We advocate for regional development, business-friendly public policies, and economic prosperity. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. And all that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
We are currently seeking a highly organized Member Engagement Coordinator with strong communications skills to manage assigned Chamber membership accounts, grow member relationships, solicit and coordinate the execution of sponsorships, support members’ use of marketing resources and opportunities with the ultimate goal of retaining memberships. This position would also be directly responsible for the Chamber’s Young Professional Council (YPC).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the Chamber’s lead for the Young Professional Council responsible for YPC membership and sponsorship budget and with coordinating YPC programs and other activities with the Chamber’s Program & Events team and the YPC advisory Board. Serve as the primary liaison to and manage relationship with the YPC Advisory Board, responsible for organizing Board meetings and recruitment of new members.
- Establish goals with Director, Member Engagement and/or Manager, Member Engagement on membership retention, sponsorship development, new member referrals, intranet communications, event assistance, member event attendance and professional development opportunities.
- Work on assigned members’ engagement plans. Manage the members’ experience by designing and implementing a high-touch plan with the Member Engagement Director and the Member Engagement team which will consist of pre-planned interactions with members that include phone calls, emails, face-to-face dialogue, surveys, focus groups and event attendance to maintain consistent communications, engage members in Chamber activities and achieve membership retention.
- Serve as a resource for information to members regarding Chamber benefits, marketing resources, opportunities, discounts etc. Respond timely to questions and provide assistance to ensure a high level of member satisfaction.
- Coordinate all meetings with assigned members including scheduling, reserving conference rooms, assembling printed sponsorship materials and customizing leave-behind materials.
- Track assigned members’ experiences, relevant affiliations and keep member data current via the Chamber intranet.
- Act as a liaison between Member Engagement and Business Development to facilitate the on-boarding of new members and renewal of assigned first year memberships.
- Assist with collection of the annual dues
- Market Chamber products and services including event tickets, exhibit booths, ribbon cuttings and discount programs.
- Understand and stay current with Chamber products, services and/or programming, including the Chamber’s Leadership Councils and Action Teams.
- Identify trends and solicit input from members to provide ideas for new products, services and/or programming that address member needs, increase retention and/or cultivate new sponsors.
- Attend Chamber events and other relevant events to network and make introductions.
- Act as the liaison between Member Engagement and Programs & Events for all sponsorships by assigned members. Facilitate communications, securing logos and sponsorship benefits fulfillment.
- Assist Programs & Events at an assigned number of Chamber events which may include guest registration, seating, escorting and material display etc. (before, during and after regular business hours)
Job Specifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience in account management or client relations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals - including CEO’s and other high-level executives from member companies - in person, on the telephone and in writing.
- Knowledge of the Greater Philadelphia region and business community and experience in interacting with this market.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Strategic thinker with creativity and innovation.
- A self-starter who is able to work both independently and as part of a team. .
- Computer proficiencies in Windows, MS Office - including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Working at the Chamber
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 85+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
The Member Engagement Coordinator works in a typical office environment. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, on a regular basis, the Member Engagement Coordinator will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of center city Philadelphia.