Senior Business Analyst
As a high energy health information technology consulting company, Strategic Solutions Group (SSG) focuses on providing value driven solutions that positively impact the health and well-being of our nation. We combine expertise in project management, business analysis and information technology to provide superior business consulting services and software products to our clients in the fields of public health, healthcare, and public safety.
Our key to success is a team of smart, dedicated people with integrity. It is an exciting time to join SSG and grow with us as we expand our impact and service to others within the healthcare industry. Our team members have the opportunity to make an immediate impact and we value people who can get the job done, individually and as part of the SSG team. We love meeting smart people and look forward to hearing from you.
First and foremost you are a great problem solver who can communicate effectively about information technology requirements and concerns. You can handle challenging customer meetings by bringing together key stakeholders to define requirements. As problems crop up, you can handle the adversity by determining why the issue happened and offering viable options to resolve them. In addition, you have a willingness to learn new technologies, a proactive entrepreneurial spirit and are extremely reliable.
We’re looking for someone who gets excited about serving as a Senior Business Analyst. The duties include:
- Strong character with integrity and passion.
- Plan, conduct, and direct the business problem analysis to be solved with IT systems.
- Lead Joint Application Design Sessions which are used to gather requirements from stakeholders.
- Work with the Project Manager to manage project scope, schedules, and expectations.
- Coordinate with Development and Software QA resources. Assist with software QA when needed.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into well-written systems requirements.
- Excellent writing skills and communication skills.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Knowledge of the accepted practices of the Business Analysis profession.
- Extensive experience in business analysis and requirements definition for IT systems.
- Extensive experience with UML modeling including context diagrams and Use Case modeling (identifying and describing use cases, actors, etc.), domain model diagrams (entity-relationship modeling) and activity diagrams.
- Knowledge of relational database design structure concepts and IT systems architecture patterns (e.g. tiers of an IT system, Services Oriented Architecture patterns, etc.).
- Familiarity with both Waterfall methodologies and Agile principles a plus.
- Familiarity with User Experience concepts such as design for usability.
- Some project management experience.
- 3 years of professional business analysis experience.
- Bachelor's Degree required (business or technical degrees are preferred).
- Competitive base salary, plus company and project-based performance bonuses.
- Extensive Benefits Package, including healthcare, dental, sick time, flexible spending plans, life and short-term disability insurance, 401k with employer match, etc.
- Top caliber team of performance-driven people who are focused on providing exceptional service to the public health sector.
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please apply on our website at www.ssg-llc.com/careers
SSG is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Analyst: 3 years