Eisai Inc. was established in 1995 and began marketing its first product in the United States in 1997. Since then we have rapidly grown to become a fully integrated pharmaceutical business. Eisai’s areas of commercial focus include neurology, gastrointestinal disorders and oncology/critical care. The company serves as the U.S. pharmaceutical operation of Eisai Co., Ltd., a research-based human health care (hhc) company that discovers, develops and markets products throughout the world.
Eisai has a global product creation organization that includes U.S.-based R&D facilities in Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina and Pennsylvania as well as manufacturing facilities in Maryland and North Carolina. The company’s areas of R&D focus include neuroscience; oncology; vascular, inflammatory and immunological reaction; and antibody-based programs.
Eisai recognizes that we are the Company’s greatest asset. To this, Eisai is committed to providing us an enabling and empowering work environment that allows us to grow and thrive. In our diverse organization, we adhere to a strict commitment to our values of Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, Quality and Teamwork. We therefore invite you to explore this job opportunity or any others that may match your qualifications and interests.
Neurology With Spirit
Neurology with spirit represents the essence of the Eisai Neurology franchise—from our human health care (hhc) mission and science to our brands and our employees themselves. At Eisai, we focus on every step of the treatment journey to improve patient outcomes. That means exploring uncharted areas of human biology to get to the root of neuro-degeneration, with the goal of creating medicines that can prevent, and ultimately cure, neurodegenerative diseases.
Neurology with spirit means that we put patients first. Our mission is to provide patients with the medicines they need and to continuously work to improve patient care. We also understand that neurodegenerative diseases can lead to other indirect burdens on patients’ health. That is why Eisai strives to provide a “total care” approach to neurologic medicines—not just treating the underlying condition, but also offering solutions to improve well-being throughout the treatment journey for both patients and their caregivers.The Medical Sales Specialist (MSS) is responsible for growing, managing, developing, and representing Eisai’s Neurology portfolio in their respected territory. The MSS is the territory business owner responsible for creating strategies and executing tactics to generate product utilization that consistently achieve sales goals while conveying Eisai’s human health care mission (hhc). The Medical Sales Specialist will be required to be an expert on all aspects of the Epilepsy disease state, our products, and the competitive landscape, including coverage and reimbursement. They will build and develop professional relationships with appropriate HCPs and other healthcare professionals and office staff, and be expected to work cross-functionally while adhering to all of Eisai’s ethics and compliance standards.
1. Achieve sales goals and drive appropriate utilization of assigned products through effective use of the Challenger Sales model, creating and maintaining an effective plan, and precise execution of sales and brand strategies; including effective and compliant utilization of available resources (i.e. approved sales aids and materials, educational lunches, speaker programs).
2. Collaborate with the Neurology Integrated Care Manager (NICM) team, as well as other field-based and home office personnel teams to proactively develop strategies that address customer needs, local market dynamics and trends, and support brand and corporate objectives within assigned geography. Includes participating in initiatives to support sales success as assigned (e.g. participate in industry related congresses, local and regional meetings and medical conferences).
3. Develop deep knowledge of Epilepsy industry, local and regional market trends, disease state, product, and competitor knowledge. Leverage expertise and knowledge to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges with HCPs in assigned geography.
4. Ensure individual compliance with Eisai policies and procedures.
4-Yr/Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 4 years of pharmaceutical sales experience with at least 2 years of specialty sales experience or directly related clinical experience
- Epilepsy experience or experience in Neurology preferred
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong business relationships
- Valid US driver’s license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
- Must successfully complete all company training programs and pass the company certification process, as well as all customer mandated and vendor credentialing requirements.
Here at Eisai, we are rewarded with highly competitive salaries, incentive awards, a comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision Plans) 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, and other great programs.
Eisai is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company also strives for a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. It is Eisai’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination in employment and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any protected status, including, but not limited to, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, creed, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet from tblHiringOrgDefaults