Looking for a highly motivated, mid/senior level System Engineer (5-15 years) to support development and delivery of security products for the US Navy. Must possess excellent verbal and written communications, and be a fast learner. The ideal candidate will have a background that includes development of test procedures, training, and technical manuals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for directing and assisting security posture transition evolution's on East Coast platforms. Onboard training to ship’s force during IA posture evolutions.
- IA Security posture transition technical support during IA health checks, posture transitions, system restoration, and post-tests as required.
- Provide input and comments during reviews of Posture Transition Operations Manual and be able to support validation verification checks on new system class IA suites.
- Provide input and comments during reviews of draft and preliminary MIP/MRCs as needed.
- Develop test procedures to be used in the lab as well as shipboard.
- Validate test procedures during testing events on hull as well as in the lab, often requiring shift work to complete.
- Develop operations and maintenance procedures for incorporation into technical manuals using engineering source documents.
- Develop training using MS Office products to support operations and maintenance training.
- Applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Familiarity with Linux/Unix a plus.
Familiarity with AN/BQQ-10 or AN/BYG-1.
Must have strong organizational and analytical skills as well as practical problem-solving and decision making-skills.
Ability to work well under pressure and be able to manage multiple projects and issues simultaneously.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Operation in an Information Technology Customer support capacity.
Technical certifications are a plus (NET+, SECURITY+, CCNA, CISSP)
Navy 3M Experience a plus
High level of knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Associates Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For all candidates:
Navy experience is Required.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)